• April 26, 2024, 01:08:44 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: problems with port 22  (Read 3564 times)

hbrink

• Level 1 Member
problems with port 22
« on: May 08, 2010, 09:37:22 AM »

Hi,

Since a few weeks i'm using the dir-655.. it works perfectly, but i have one problem... i have my homeserver and my pc connected to the server. but i can't access my server anymore with sftp or by telnet from my pc.
Normal ftp works fine, but as soon as i try sftp or telnet it doesn't work... it seems the router is doing something wrong with port 22.

I've tried a couple of things like port forwarding, virtual server..

Can anybody tell me how to get access again on my homeserver by using my pc while the dir-655 is hanging between them?

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
Re: problems with port 22
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 04:01:57 PM »

Hi,

Since a few weeks i'm using the dir-655.. it works perfectly, but i have one problem... i have my homeserver and my pc connected to the server. but i can't access my server anymore with sftp or by telnet from my pc.
Normal ftp works fine, but as soon as i try sftp or telnet it doesn't work... it seems the router is doing something wrong with port 22.

I've tried a couple of things like port forwarding, virtual server..

Can anybody tell me how to get access again on my homeserver by using my pc while the dir-655 is hanging between them?

Hi hbrink,

I thought the FTP Server was port 21, not 22?

What are you using for your FTP Server?
thecreator - Running a Verizon FIOS / Fios-G1100 Router into a D-Link DIR-859 Router Rev. A3, Firmware 1.03 and a D-Link DWA-552 Wireless Network PCI Adapter Card. OP Sys: Win 10 Pro - DNS-323 with Firmware 1.10

Cobra

• Level 4 Member
Re: problems with port 22
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 08:16:56 PM »

Hi hbrink,

I thought the FTP Server was port 21, not 22?

What are you using for your FTP Server?

The OP stated SFTP and port 22 is the correct port for secure shell.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Shell