The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DSP-W215

Solid red light after attempted firmware update

(1/3) > >>

mrinstall:
I had been really happy with dsp w215 until the app stated I need to update the firmware. After attempting the update my smart plug status light stays on solid red. I've tried holding the connect button for 10 seconds and I've tried different outlets but I still get the solid red light. I called tech support and they said the unit is defective.
Does anyone know how to reset the unit or force the update to it?
Thanks in advance.

Richpat:
you may try to hold the button for 10 seconds, then hold the botton for 10 seconds and disconnect from power, hold the botton and reconnect it for another 10s.

hold the botton all the time.

Then use a pc to connect to the smart plug and follow the screen to upload the firmware.

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

* What region are you located?
What Mfr and model is the main host router?
What wireless modes are you using?

--- Quote from: mrinstall on November 27, 2016, 04:47:11 PM ---I had been really happy with dsp w215 until the app stated I need to update the firmware. After attempting the update my smart plug status light stays on solid red. I've tried holding the connect button for 10 seconds and I've tried different outlets but I still get the solid red light. I called tech support and they said the unit is defective.
Thanks in advance.

--- End quote ---

mrinstall:

--- Quote from: Richpat on November 27, 2016, 07:58:43 PM ---you may try to hold the button for 10 seconds, then hold the botton for 10 seconds and disconnect from power, hold the botton and reconnect it for another 10s.

hold the botton all the time.

Then use a pc to connect to the smart plug and follow the screen to upload the firmware.

--- End quote ---
Thanks. I was able to get this connected to my computer but it fails the upgrading of the firmware.

--- Quote from: FurryNutz on November 28, 2016, 06:51:46 AM ---Link>Welcome!

* What region are you located? I'm in the US. Thanks

--- Quote from: mrinstall on November 27, 2016, 04:47:11 PM ---I had been really happy with dsp w215 until the app stated I need to update the firmware. After attempting the update my smart plug status light stays on solid red. I've tried holding the connect button for 10 seconds and I've tried different outlets but I still get the solid red light. I called tech support and they said the unit is defective.
Thanks in advance.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

mrinstall:
Does anyone have the firmware 1.24 for my DSP-W215? Thats the firmware version on my other dsp w215. Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version