• April 24, 2024, 06:22:03 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Wireless turns off automatically  (Read 4964 times)

tusker

• Level 1 Member
Wireless turns off automatically
« on: April 13, 2010, 01:15:49 PM »

I use a DIR-615 C1 Version D-Link router to connect my 3Laptops and 2 iphones at home and it intermittently disconnect from network. I had a 3.1 firmware earlier and updated to 3.12N yesterday and still face the same problem. WPA-Personal, no firewall, DHCP, channel setting tried for Band-11 and still getting disconnected. also got a message on one of the laptop that "there may be another computer in your network using same IP address". I had to check on all systems and do ip-release/renew. This product is not worth at all.

any ideas how to fix the network disconnect issue? I dont want to use the LAN ports since I dont have any PCs at home.

tusker

• Level 1 Member
Re: Wireless turns off automatically
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 08:47:47 AM »

I have tried IP reserve option yesterday and it still disconnects wireless freequently. Totally fed up with this device.

tusker

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 01:57:43 PM »

Called Dlink Support, tried different settings worked fine for 30 minutes and then droped wirelss connection. Dlink will do RMA replacement but I have to send this router back with my own expense. I bought this one on last thanksgiving for 20 bucks and not gonna send money again for sending it to Dlink. After all i'm not sure whether I will receive a good router. Will go with another brand. A big lesson learned - Will never ever buy any D-link product.

dzldriver

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 12:35:01 PM »

I am having exactly the same problem with my 615.  4 computers in the house. 2 wiis all connected wirelessly.  All of a sudden for some reason, the router will just stop communicating with all of the devices in the hosue.  I have a Linksys WRT150N that I have converted to a network bridge that runs just fine.

Starting to seriously think about buying another Linksys if this is the best product that DLink can put out.

Very disappointed in this unit.

hrbanana

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 09:16:00 AM »

tusker, I got the 615 C1 on the BF/T-giving $20 deal too! I've had reasonable success by configuring the router as:
 Wireless-G Only (I have no N capable stations)
 Manual Wireless setup (disable WPS)
 WPA2/AES
 Ch. 8

W.r.t dropouts, I was not able to use Ch. 11 since wireless would drop every time the microwave oven ran. I saw this behavior on an older Netgear router too. You might try a wi-fi analyzer to see which channels are less congested in your area. IIRC, there were some apps on iphone/touch that could do this before SJ declared them non-grata from the app store. I was able to use a similar app on my Android phone & there may be some apps for your lappies like Netstumbler.

Good luck!