COVR - D-Link Whole Home Systems > COVR-C1203-US

Ethernet not seeing WAP

<< < (2/2)

GreenBay42:
There are Ethernet ports on the covr devices so you can purchase a switch to expand your Ethernet network.  The Covr systems are sold as routers but I can see how it is confusing.

gkala:
That is actually a great solution.  Thanks for responding.  I have an 8 port gigabit switch available and will try that tonight.  That should definitely go into a sticky or FAQ. I think.  So switch the FIOS router to Bridge mode and add a switch to other side of main COVR device.

I'll post my results tomorrow.  Would love to remove the subpar FIOS router from the equation altogether.

GreenBay42:
Let us know if it works.

Internet ---  Verizon router (bridge mode) --- Covr point A  ---  Switch --  Ethernet devices. 

Wireless clients will connect to the covr points and will be able to talk to the Ethernet devices as well.

I do wish the quick install guide that comes with the covr system included this information and A LOT more information about how to set it up.

gkala:
So, after a bit of research, setting up my FIOS router as a bridge would have messed my set top boxes (direct access to the DVR and Video on demand). 

All I ended up doing is placing the switch on the main covr device and moving the ethernet cables from the router to the switch.  The set top boxes keep the router IP's which is fine because I don't connect to them with any other device on the network.  Is working great so far. 

Thanks for the direction.  This is what I was looking for.

GreenBay42:
Great. Glad it worked out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version