COVR - D-Link Whole Home Systems > COVR-C1203-US

Ethernet not seeing WAP

(1/2) > >>

gkala:
NOOB network question.  I have the COVR-1203 and it is connected and working fine.  Problem is that my wireless devices are picking up 192.168.0.xx address and my ethernet is on 192.168.1.xx.  The 2 networks can't see each other.  How do I correct this?

Thanks.

GreenBay42:
Do you have another router? How is your network setup?

You need to have them all on the same subnet (192.168.0.xxx) to see each other.

gkala:

--- Quote from: GreenBay42 on March 25, 2019, 08:28:22 AM ---Do you have another router? How is your network setup?

You need to have them all on the same subnet (192.168.0.xxx) to see each other.

--- End quote ---

It's plugged into my Verizon FIOS router.  I don't think I can switch the subnet on the FIOS router and I'm having no luck getting the COVR on 192.168.1.xx.  The FIOS router assigns a 192.168.1.xx address to the COVR, but the COVR DHCP distributes 192.168.0.xx addresses.

GreenBay42:
You need to put the Verizon router in Bridge mode and let the Covr distribute DHCP to your clients.

The Internet/WAN port of the Covr device connected to your router cannot receive the same IP address as it's local/LAN side (ie 192.168.1.1 -- 192.168.1.xxx to clients). It cannot work since it is a router.

If you want to add wireless to your verizon router, the Covr system is the wrong device. You need to get access point(s).

The covr devices are not simple access points. 1 of them has to act as a router. When connecting a router to another router the subnets need to be different and you will have double-NAT which can cause some issues.

gkala:
Well, that stinks.  If I put the router in Bridge mode I lose my ethernet ports so that's not an option.  Guess this is going up for sale.  How is a home user supposed to understand that setup?  There's nothing in the description that indicates that this has to be your sole router.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version