• April 18, 2024, 04:31:17 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: App or Camera Problems  (Read 3223 times)

studlygoorite

• Level 1 Member
App or Camera Problems
« on: August 23, 2013, 12:32:28 PM »

Hi all,

I just purchased a DCS-2332L and installed it last night, good times.....not. Any who, it was working with my IOS app mydlink lite but it only works once every 20 tries or so. I have not even put the camera in it's location outside yet until I get it going without incidents. I am running it wireless and 99% of the time when I try to access the camera from my app I get Cannot connect please try again later and 0.70_0_2_8_0. I called support, who picked up right away I must add, and they informed me to reboot and re-configure so I went home at lunch today and rebooted it and re-synced it witch fixed it for a couple tries and now I get the error again 8 times in a row and then it kicked in. It is not too far from my new wireless router, I hope, so this thing either sucks or maybe there is a better app for it. Any suggestions?

John

ReallyDaryl

• Level 1 Member
Re: App or Camera Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 03:30:49 PM »

I've been having the same problem ever since the mydlink site maintenance earlier this week. Oddly enough, I don't get the error when on the same Wi-Fi network as my camera, but have no luck using the app outside my home network…which sort of defeats the purpose of the app entirely.

I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app on my iPhone numerous times and continue to get the same error. I have not yet rebooted my 942L yet (because I hate having to manually reset its date/time settings every time I do).

Any ideas? JavaLayer…have you heard anything?

studlygoorite

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 08:37:11 AM »

So I moved my camera from the location it was at, 30' from wireless router one floor below, to 30' from the router on the same floor and my app has worked 20 times in a row. So it looks like It was either too far or another reboot fixed it.

studlygoorite

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 04:58:27 PM »

Last update for whoever is reading, it turned out that I just needed to re-boot again because I now have my camera installed outside, further than where it was and all is working wonderfully.