• April 19, 2024, 05:27:43 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Wireless connection on WBR-2310 not stable  (Read 5331 times)

goaltender

• Level 1 Member
Wireless connection on WBR-2310 not stable
« on: January 11, 2010, 07:49:37 PM »

On occaision, I am not able to connect wirelessly.  My computer cannot even detect my wireless network.  To fix, I log in to the router and re-save my wireless settings (without making any changes).  The wired connection works perfectly.  I have revision B with the latest firmware.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 07:56:26 PM by goaltender »

bjrichus

• Level 3 Member
Re: Wireless connection on WBR-2310 not stable
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 10:51:57 AM »

Suggest you read this thread:

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=1265.0

These routers are very poor in the wireless aspect of them. Stability is variable AT BEST for a large number of us too.

Also, these are now discontinued by DLINK, I suggest you buy a different brand.

goaltender

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 02:25:45 PM »

The link that was posted appears to be dead.  Is there another link with this information?

drscott

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 07:17:49 PM »

On occaision, I am not able to connect wirelessly.  My computer cannot even detect my wireless network.  To fix, I log in to the router and re-save my wireless settings (without making any changes).  The wired connection works perfectly.  I have revision B with the latest firmware.  Thanks.

It seems that there's a problem with the router's firmware. Try reloading the firmware for your router. Even though its the latest, the firmware you got might not be able to respond properly.

After reloading the firmware on your router, reset the button of the router for 30secs to properly load the firmware.  After reloading the firmware, try to reconfigure the router try test again your connection.

NOTE: Please be informed that reloading a firmware could reset the router settings to factory default. Take note of the settings before reloading.

Thanks

DrScott