• April 16, 2024, 04:09:49 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: My experience with DCS-825L  (Read 2894 times)

EliasCAM

• Level 1 Member
My experience with DCS-825L
« on: May 16, 2014, 01:45:52 PM »

I bought this cam on 05/12/14 and I’m very disappointed.
I had several problems to connect the cam to Internet until I’ve learned that it’s because my SSID is hidden. If you work with a visible SSID then works correctly ¿?¿?¿? It should be solved.
I have tested it with an iPhone 5 and 4S (iOS 7.1.1) and Android 4.04. The firmware of the cam is the last version (1.03).

Issues to improve:

Push notifications ¿?¿?
- If you don’t have a mydlink account you won’t receive notifications (not in ios or android).
- If you have a mydlink account and you have the mydlink app running you will receive them correctly.
- In iOS, if the device is blocked the notifications arrive just sometimes.
- In Android, if the device is blocked… You better take an eye or you child if you don’t want to have a bad surprise…
- When you turn off the cam it takes several time to warn you, if you don’t have push notifications then the image remains frozen without any alert.

3G connection:
- You can’t connect to cam, the app just notifies that wifi is not available. (The specifications explain that you can connect always as long you have internet connection.)

Advanced internet configurations:
- If you have MAC filtering in the router the MAC that cam show is not the correct one. The cam has two MACs, the router and the client one.
- Connection to routers with hidden SSID.

Summary:
- It’s difficult to configure it on advanced environments, you don’t have the correct data and you have to search them on you own.
- A good idea but it must improve to do what they say it does.
- The access to cam by mylink web portal works correctly.
- I’m seriously thinking about returning it because they have promised some specifications that the cam doesn’t have or it have them but doesn’t work properly.