• April 19, 2024, 09:05:07 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Save Settings / Browse buttons disabled ?!  (Read 2882 times)

shumi

• Level 1 Member
Save Settings / Browse buttons disabled ?!
« on: January 06, 2012, 07:16:13 AM »

I am running the latest beta firmware 1.05 and encountering a problem where some button are disabled.  ???

for instance - I wanted to enable the 'UPnP AV Server' , so I clicked on the 'enable' radio button, but I couldn't save the settings since the buttons on the top 'Save Settings' & 'Don't Save Settings' were all disabled.

I noticed this issue also on the 'Quotas' section.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem? should I downgrade the firmware version? Or reset the NAS to default factory settings. (also if I downgrade or reset to factory settings, will I still have access to the information on the disks, or would I be requested to format the disks again?)

thanks.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Save Settings / Browse buttons disabled ?!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 07:30:18 AM »

Resetting the DNS-343 to the factory default settings will not impact your HDD configuration, data, or data access. If you chose to reset, I recommend you save a copy of your "configuration file" to your desktop so you can restore your settings (e.g. shares, etc). Even if you save a configuration file, avoid using it until you validate/determine the cause of the issue you're encountering. Loading the configuration file may cause the issue to come back.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

shumi

• Level 1 Member
Re: Save Settings / Browse buttons disabled ?!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 07:55:54 AM »

Thank you for the quick response.

Does resetting to factory default settings means the firmware will be downgraded automatically to 1.03?

thanks again,