• April 16, 2024, 03:18:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DWL-3200ap dropping connections  (Read 3809 times)

iteched

• Level 1 Member
DWL-3200ap dropping connections
« on: March 25, 2011, 02:02:47 PM »

Hi Everyone,

I'm a fan of the 3200ap and have several setup around our campus.  I have one, however, that is giving me fits.

Every so often (from 2 to 6 times per day or so) it just drops everyone...then after a few minutes everyone is back on again.  I've updated it's firmware to 2.55 to no avail.  Its running a very basic config using WPA-Personal.  No vlans, multi-SSIDs, filters, etc. are configured.

When the drops happen I get a bunch of "Deauth:" code 14 errors (usually one for everyone connected).

There are usually between 10 and 20 clients connected in the building (2 floors).  There is one common room where about 5 or 6 are located.  The others are scattered in the building.

There is a guest access point in the same building on a different channel and SSID.  The problem persists even when that one is off.

Any idea what to look for?  I think its having trouble maintaining the client load.

Thanks!

Ed.

iteched

• Level 1 Member
Re: DWL-3200ap dropping connections
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 02:21:30 PM »

I changed it from WPA_PSK to WPA2-PSK to see if that helps.