• March 28, 2024, 12:06:36 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: How to access Smart Plug remotely?  (Read 8073 times)

Tarrant1701

• Level 1 Member
How to access Smart Plug remotely?
« on: July 08, 2014, 02:50:10 PM »

Ok, I have the DSPW215 Smart Plug connected to my home Wi-Fi Network. If my iPhone is on the same Wi-Fi network (ie LAN) I can control the smart plug, no problem.

However, if I am on a different Wi-Fi network (ie my neighbor's) or away from home (LTE connection), the smart plug does not show up in the app. How can I control the smart plug remotely, when I am away from home?

PS. I have a MyDlink account but the smart plug does not show up there. Any way to link the smart plug to mydlink account (and I'm not even sure if that would solve my problem). Appreciate any suggestions!

RyoS

• Level 2 Member
Re: How to access Smart Plug remotely?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 12:20:13 PM »

The mydlink Smart Plug is designed to be able to access from home and remotely.

If you were logged into the app, using your mydlink account, when you paired your Smart Plug to your router, then the mydlink account should have a record of your Smart Plug.

Your Smart Plug should have been registered on your mydlink portal and displaying as a device when you login to mydlink.com

On the App there is a method of creating a mydlink account if you didn't already have one.  Try first with the mydlink WiFi Smart Plug App available on both Android and iOS.

If you are unable to see your Smart Plug as a device through the mydlink portal, then it means it was not paired correctly to your account.  I recommend resetting the device by holding down the WPS button until the LED flashes and pair it up with the latest mydlink home APP.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 01:38:47 PM by RyoS »