• April 26, 2024, 05:57:22 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: How to setup dcs-930l with dlink dsl-321b modem?  (Read 4713 times)

TomThomas

• Level 1 Member
How to setup dcs-930l with dlink dsl-321b modem?
« on: February 16, 2013, 03:01:33 AM »

Hi there!

I would like my dcs-930l ip camera to be directly connected to my d-link dsl-321b modem (which has only one rj45 port to connect to), so that I can either access the cam via the internet (watching livestream through webinterface, that would be option 1) or so that the cam sends an email with a picture as soon as the motion sensors activate - that would be option 2 (by the way: the modem / cam get internet access through german telekom / t-online).

I have tried to get option 1 as well as option 2 to work, but I failed... I would be happy if either option 1 or 2 would work for me - I don't really care which one. In both cases, the problem seems to be that the dcs-930l cam cannot access the internet (but the cam itself works - I can view the livestream through the local network).

Note: I am not using Windows but Ubuntu so all the configuration I can do is through the web interface.

I am grateful for every piece of advice I can get!

Thanks a lot in advance!

Thomas
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 07:51:27 AM by TomThomas »

TomThomas

• Level 1 Member
Re: How to setup dcs-930l with dlink dsl-321b modem?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 07:14:38 AM »

OK, I probably should post some more information. Here are my dsl-321b modem settings, which I use when going online via LAN cable between modem <--> notebook (and for that purpose, they work just fine):

ADSL Setup:
PPPoE/PPPoA selected with correct user & password
PPPoE LLC
MTU : 1492
Idle Time Out : 0
VPI :      1
VCI :      32

LAN Setup:
Modem IP Address :      192.168.0.1
Subnet Mask :      255.255.255.0
DHCP Server enabled with   
DHCP IP Address Range :  192.168.0.21    to   192.168.0.254
DHCP Lease Time :   60   (seconds)

DNS Setup:
"Obtain DNS server address automatically" selected

Advanced ADSL:
Modulation Type: Autosense
"Bitswap Enable" selected

Diagnostics:
All tests passed (green)

Last but not least:
Firmware Version:  DE_1.04   Hardware Version:  D1

So for option 2 (having the dcs-930l email photos everytime the motion sensors activate while the cam is connected via LAN cable directly to the modem), I used the above modem settings and I set the cam to:

Static IP Address: 192.168.0.2
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
Primary DNS "blank"
Secondary DNS "blank"
HTTP Port: 80
UPnP enabled
UPnP Port Forwarding disabled
Bonjour enabled (although I have no idea what this does  ??? )
Dynamic DNS disabled
( dcs-930l Firmware version: 1.05)

I have also configured the email and motion detection part (correctly, I think) but when testing general email functionality, under status / device info, I can read: Can not connect to SMTP server.

Any ideas?  :-\
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 07:16:17 AM by TomThomas »