• April 24, 2024, 06:01:30 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Wireless Restarts  (Read 50273 times)

MaSpa

• Level 1 Member
Re: Wireless Restarts
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2009, 12:29:44 AM »

I'll add my name to the list of people with this same problem.

Through extensive testing I've concluded that my restarts happens only when a wireless client connects through WPA/WPA2. I've been able to "solve" the issue by using WEP instead but am really hoping there's a solution that allows me to use WPA2 since that's the security I've paid for :)

Is there a Swedish phone# for RMA? I tried the self-service utility and it told me my serial-no isn't in the equipment-inventory or some such and wouldn't let me post any tickets at all.. So that's a no-go.

Anyways, gonna try unplugging wired computers as was suggested... wish me luck!

DIR-855 :-(

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2009, 02:05:29 AM »

Dlink have no concept on of customer service and so I don't like your chances.

I am very impressed with your diagnostics, I wish I could confirm this but I have packed away my useless router. I will blog it and see what others are saying.

MaSpa

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2009, 11:35:43 AM »

After following up on the tips from the other 655 thread where they said disabling Symantec EP remedied the situation I tried that - and it worked!

The offending service was "Symantec Management Client" - once disabled my wireless stopped constantly rebooting

image: The offending service

I'm back in WPA2 security mode again! :)

But how does a firewall app cause the wireless to restart when used from a wired computer?? Is this reproduced on other brands routers aswell? The curious wish to know :]

DIR855 :-|

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2009, 03:32:48 PM »

Well this has to go down as being really really paranoid and censorship to the extreme.

That last post I did [ from DIR855 :-( ] got me banned. The sad thing is, is it true and I am in the process of having my complaint being addressed by the Consumer Affairs government department.

You can keep banning me and I can keep creating accounts. Is this how you want it to be?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 03:34:38 PM by DIR855 :-| »

zippoX

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2009, 12:44:44 PM »

Hi,

I have had problems with wireless 2.4GHz restarts. The solution to the problem was to find a channel that is not so heavily used by my neighbours. I also changed the encryption from WAP2 to WAP Only and from Tkip and AES to TKIP.
I'm running 802.11g on 2.4GHz and 802.11n on 5GHz and don't have any drops on the 2.4 GHz wireless after these changes.

inSSIDer is the application that I used for finding the least used channel.

zippoX

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2009, 10:19:15 AM »

I still have wireless restart problem on the 2.4 GHz.  >:(
Any suggestions for a solution?

zippoX

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2009, 08:35:05 AM »

I think my 2.4GHz is stable now!

What I did to get it stable:

1)
Changed my DWA-160 USB driver to 1.40 from later version.
With the latest drivers a got even more troubles.

2)
I now only use the windows "wlan zero config" and not the D-link config app for the DWA-160.
I still have the drivers for the DWA-160 from D-link installed.

I think that the problems I had was related to the D-link app and the windows "wireless zero config".

I'm now  running both 2.4 GHz 802.11g and 5GHz 802.11n at the same time without any problems.
I guess that this would also work the other way around, only running the D-link app and disable the WZC.

I'm running:
Firmware Version: 1.12EU Hardware Version: A2 on my dir-855.
Windows 7.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]