The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-827

Access Control/schedule bug on 1.03FW

<< < (11/11)

FurryNutz:
Well congrats on the new one coming in soon. Good to hear. No play time for you sir. LOL.

Keep us posted. Hope all will be good.  ;)

Slimline:
Sorry I'm more than 2 years late, but for anyone in the future potentially having help on this....sorry I never did find a solution. I contacted dlink but never got anywhere. My daughter was born safe and sound that night of my last post and has kept me busy ever since lol. I have up trying to work with the 827 and bought an Asus rt-n66u. it has been a fantastic router handling everything I throw at it. Unfortunately my 827 has left a bitter taste in my mouth,  I don't know if I'll buy another dlink router without heavy consideration. My switches have been working fine with the Asus. The 827 was just a poor quality product I think which is too bad. I looked at the firmware updates and it doesn't appear as though the issues here were ever addressed.

Thanks for all the help even if I'm 2 years late furry and Patrick.

FurryNutz:
Thanks for the feed back, better late then never huh?

I wonder if it was addressed in the last FW version. I acquired a 827 and didn't see any issues with it. However I didn't check on the access control issue you posted about. Other than this, the 827 is a great router and is solid for it's design and operation. I feel that there may have been a issue with the switches and the 827 FW. Particularly wit those model switches. I don't use D-Link switches so I may have not had the opportunity to see this issue. The 857/827 is a solid router as well for being the first model routers with internal antenna. I still have my routers and of course, all good things must come to an end as they are EOL now. New routers are out there and I really enjoy the DIR-868L. Another great router from D-Link. I'm working on the 890L currently.

Maybe you can use the 827 as a 2ndary AP at some point or for back up.

Good Luck.

Slimline:
Probably not to the extent of your collection, but I do have a router collection/graveyard. My parents are still running a dlink dgs30d or something like that, its probably getting on 12-15 years old now. I am going to take either my old dir-655 or the 827 and hook it up there for them. Either will provide a nice upgrade and hopefully continued service as there old dino is finally ready to sleep forever. I havent looked into the newer dlink line but I will be looking to move to wireless AC soon so I will be sure to consider them, although I am feeling pretty fond of my Asus router currently. (Dont hate me)

FurryNutz:
No worries if you go with something else. Come back to the forums for help and information on your next purchase. Please give D-Link another chance. The DIR-866 maybe worth looking at.
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?board=457.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version