• March 28, 2024, 11:22:01 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS cameras motion detection triggered by ir filter  (Read 2265 times)

Warb

• Level 1 Member
DCS cameras motion detection triggered by ir filter
« on: June 21, 2015, 05:46:17 PM »

I have a selection of cameras, DCS2132, DCS5222, DCS6004 and DCS5010, all connected to a DNR322. The first three cameras all exhibit the same behaviour, I have not really tested the 5010.

Under changing lighting conditions, the cameras flick their IR filters in and out. Every time this happens, the cameras motion detection is triggered and the configured event is run. In my case, this is that the camera emails a video clip to me. So at least twice a day, morning and evening, as the available light causes the IR filter to be flicked across the lens, I get an email "alert" from each camera. Sometimes, if the available light is changing frequently due to clouds etc., the cameras send many emails.

I set this system up because I had to go to hospital for a few days. I quickly realised this was a mistake, as my email account started to receive multiple false alerts, each of which featured a few seconds "lead-in" followed by the flick of the IR filter and nothing more. After the first day in hospital I simply ignored them, so as "alerts" they are pointless.

What have I missed? Surely the devices own firmware should be able to differentiate it's own IR filter activation from "motion" or sound? So why is this happening?

Manofice

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS cameras motion detection triggered by ir filter
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 06:55:59 PM »

I have a 934L and it does the same thing

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 11:43:45 AM »

What have I missed? Surely the devices own firmware should be able to differentiate it's own IR filter activation from "motion" or sound? So why is this happening?

The f/w does not handle it.

grockk

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 01:19:18 PM »

If you can use PIR, the false alerts shouldn't happen.