• April 16, 2024, 04:01:06 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: D-View Cam Windows Home Server Add-In  (Read 8945 times)

Fudd

• Level 1 Member
D-View Cam Windows Home Server Add-In
« on: August 12, 2009, 08:03:14 AM »

At Comptuex 2009, the WHS Team reported they had an Add-In which allowed management of selected D-Link IP cameras.

Here's their blog on TechNet:

We were really pleased to unveil the D-Link ViewCam add-in for Windows Home Server, which allows control of a wide range of D-Link’s IP cameras from the Windows Home Server Console.  Also notable, each scenario was demonstrated using a netbook as the interface and playback device for Windows Home Server.

Since then, there has been nothing about this Add-In. I called D-Link technical and customer support and they were clueless, althogh they advertise it on their web page for several cameras.

Text of the D-Link page here:

Add D-Link Network Cameras to your Windows Home Server. A Windows Home Server lets you easily access your files, photos, videos and music from any PC or TV in your home, or even while away. The complete line of D-Link Network Cameras easily plug into your digital ecosystem.

I'd appreciate any info on the development of this Add-In and if / when / where it might be available. I'm told by the Windows Home Server Team that the Add-In was a beta presented by D-Link.

D-Link Multimedia

• Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
Re: D-View Cam Windows Home Server Add-In
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 11:33:47 AM »

It is still in development and we do not have a release date as of yet.

Fudd

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 01:58:52 PM »

Thanks for the timely response.

If you need a beta tester, I'd be happy to volunteer a fully built-out network.

Running WHS pp2 with DIR-655 and DAP-1552. DCS-1130 connected to the 1552.

3 notebooks, 1 desktop, 2 iPhone 3G, 1 IPAQ, 1 OKI color laser and 1 HP multifunction connected to network.

Remote access in use daily via Earthlink cable.

MS Registered Partner.

acdt

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 05:01:09 AM »

Hi Guys,

Any word on a release date yet? I think there are a lot of people excited about this?

Thanks
 Andrew

gogirousa

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 12:37:43 PM »

I'd like to know how to get other d-link cameras like the DSC-910 connected to my WHS