The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-451

Does it connect automatically on disconnection?

(1/2) > >>

naveen1080:
Hi
I am planning to buy this one. But wanted to know what happens in case, the 3G dongle looses the signal & get disconnected. Does it reconnect automatically?
I am planning to use 3g dongle & I have found that these things keep getting disconnected a lot.

FurryNutz:
I recommend you phone contact your regional D-Link support office and inquired about this. I presume that if a disconnection is lost, the router would and should attempt to reconnect, however if the dongle does provide the proper services, the router may not connect. You'll need to contact the ISP service provider or the Mfr of the 3G dongle for support here.

Good Luck.

naveen1080:
Hi FurryNutz
Thanks for your reply. I will try to contact the concerned person out here.
My point was- in a situation when I am using a laptop to connect to internet using a 3G dongle, there is an application which I have run & click "connect" on it to connect to the internet. Lets say after 15 min. I loose my connection, and on the the application also it shows disconnected, all have to do is click on "connect" again to reconnect it.
But in the case of a 3G router having a 3G USB dongle plugged in to it. How the above situation of disconnection is taken care of by the router. Does it automatically initiates a Reconnect procedure on disconnection or user has to do something to take care of it. As its a very important point, does D-link specifically says something or declare something about the above in their brochure or product info sheets.
Thanks.   

FurryNutz:
The router should attempt to reconnect automatically.

naveen1080:
Yes, I would like to share that the router indeed have this feature of auto re-connection in case the 3G dongle looses its connection. So that way you are practically always connected to the internet, without bothering to manually intervene to reconnect the dongle like it generally happens when using a 3G dongle on a computer's USB port.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version