• April 27, 2024, 03:57:59 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Random Lockup! Power cycle only thing that brings it back. 1.32na  (Read 28815 times)

abjurian

• Level 1 Member

??? ??? I should have never left v1.21 firmware cause it was working better then this is now.  This router just stops responding all together.  Lights are flashing and it seems like it is doing something but you can not log into it from a wireless or LAN machine.  No internet access or LAN access either.  it just stops responding!  What a pain in the butt.  I have to literally power it off and turn it back on for it to work again.  I have tried router defaults and many other settings to no avail.  Please DLINK HELP!!!!! ??? ???

arod

Re: Random Lockup! Power cycle only thing that brings it back. 1.32na
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 08:44:53 AM »

Whos is your ISP and what type of Internet connection do you have? and What modem brand?

mhouser

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 09:24:47 AM »

Try turning off "Enable NTP Server" and also turn off "DNS realy"

partach1

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 09:59:15 AM »

I installed the 1.32Nb05 and that worked for 5 days without any issues it seems.
The first light since months.
I have switched over to 1.32 final (mistake) and the last few days are hell again with slow downs and lock ups .
Is there a difference with 1.32b05  and 1.32 final?
First it slows down my clients till the point that internet does not work anymore.
In that case I can not log in to the router anymore.
Reseting the router is the only thing that helps (for a relative short time e.g. upto an hour)
Seeing all issues i had uptill now and it always being the router it must be acting up again.
I am sooooo fed up with the thing that I will replace it with the old one again  :(
All this negative energy and frustration is just not worth it anymore.
i'll check back one more time in a few months to see if the problems have gone.
Trying to return the product after a half a year with the webshop will even be more frustration which i really have no energy for anymore.

mhouser

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 10:42:36 AM »

Did you try re-flashing the fw?

This is what I did and it seems to work better

Reset back to defaults by holding a pin in the reset hole. update the fw and reset back to defaults again.

DO NOT load your old configuration. Set it up manually.

Hop this helps.

mackworth

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 01:11:34 PM »

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=6206.0

disable DNS relay, you might need to renew your network connection on your machines after.

This should work.

This was introduced in 1.22B05.  So far dlink has yet to admit their might be a firmware issue.

ekarlw

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 06:06:47 PM »

Here's hoping that disabling DNS Relay works (will know tomorrow). As an FYI I called support on this and they are totally oblivious...

Device:
Dlink DIR-655

Problem:
Updated firmware from 1.21 to 1.32na now unit locks up/freezes within 12 hours of operation. It still brodcasts SSID but refuses to communicate either via wireless or wired connection to any device unless hard booted by unplugging power. Performed a hard reset from back of device and reloaded firmware, settings from backup, and lockups persist.

Attempted fix: ('Solution' pending):
Dlink Support: Change MTU value from 1500 to 1492 (me thinks they be off base here) - DONE.
Dlink Forum solution(s): Reload 2x and hand re-configure settings OR disable DNS Relay - DONE.

Results: pending....
EDIT UPDATE: So far the DNS Relay disable seems to have solved the lock-up issue but leaves release 1.32na offically buggy and dysfunctional. Hopefully I'll not need the DNS Relay function anytime soon...

On a personal note: I know some of these devices can be buggers to configure, end users can be *****s and liars (those reading this excepted) and therefore support calls could go on forever, but to expect payment for support when a device is out of warranty but gets broken by a firmware update that cannot be rolled back is bad buisness practice.  This is twice for me now  >:(
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 01:25:48 AM by ekarlw »

bigeyes0x0

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 11:30:57 PM »

Well, I have the same problem on 1.31NA and 1.32NA if I set the router ntp server to 0.asia.pool.ntp.org . The router will go into an infinite reboot loop. I set it to my faculty ntp server and it works fine. So if you use ntp server, you might want to change it to a diiferent server or disable it. On that note, 1.21 works fine with that asia server.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 11:35:45 PM by bigeyes0x0 »

mackworth

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009, 07:42:39 AM »

Well, I have the same problem on 1.31NA and 1.32NA if I set the router ntp server to 0.asia.pool.ntp.org . The router will go into an infinite reboot loop. I set it to my faculty ntp server and it works fine. So if you use ntp server, you might want to change it to a diiferent server or disable it. On that note, 1.21 works fine with that asia server.

There is a thread about that also if you do a search.  This is different than what the original poster is talking about.

bigeyes0x0

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 06:21:34 PM »

I know but I don't care about this problem much. Just said it so the OP might find out his problem.

abjurian

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2009, 06:03:51 AM »

I am using Armstrong Cable.  I tried resetting router.  Reloading the firmware. Setting it to factory defaults and manually putting in my info again.  I am using a motorola cable modem that the cable company provides.  I get 2300 KBps downloads when everything is working! I am not using an NTP server I have no need.  I just use the internet for my consoles and email and web.  What gets me the maddest is it works fine for everyone for 24-48 hours then just won't respond to anything!  Lights are flashing, still broadcasting the SSID but nothing works.  Can't connect to the router, internet to computer to computer nothing.

JaLooNz

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2009, 06:28:10 AM »

As suggested by others, try disabling DNS Relay under Network Settings.

jason1722x

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2009, 06:32:15 AM »

I have noticed that when I have a heavy use of torrants and finish downloading the DIr 655 is less responsive and I have to reboot  it (power cycle) to get into the settings screen.

mhouser

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2009, 07:19:41 AM »

Maybe time for a RMA.

samjlee

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2009, 08:27:00 PM »

I have hardware v A4 and 1.32NA and the "Enable DNS relay" is greyed out and I can't even uncheck it.  My router has the same issue where it will go well for 3-5 days and then it'll just hang even though the lights still go. Can't login to the router and need to unplug it to reset it.  Hoping that these tech support folks start getting on top of the QC of their firmwares!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4