• April 27, 2024, 06:56:10 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Port forwarding issue with 1.31  (Read 35972 times)

Xinot

• Level 3 Member
Re: Port forwarding issue with 1.31
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2009, 05:20:04 AM »

I am having a port forwarding problem, I am trying to configure several ports for 3 computers on my network. I have tried to configure several rules depending on each computers static LAN address, I save it and reboot the router and the list is empty, no rules whatsoever are saved.
Another question, Is there a way to create rules for the LAN and not machine specific? The 3 computers have the same software. I would like to be able to just open the ports so the 3 can actually interact with the internet. Is this possible?

Thanks,

AJ

I had to make port forwarding rule too, saved it (and rebooted like it ask), and after this, port forwarding rules are empty again.
IE 8 & Chrome... Have no other browsers installed so i can not make any rules with thise? cmon.. Is this firmware really full of this kind of issues and we have no chance to go back...
A3 1.3zzz

darkgrue

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2009, 10:47:45 PM »

I have a HP mediasmart server that attempts to automatically configure port forwarding to enable my home website and remote access.  This all worked well in 1.21 and 1.22b, I seem to be having issues with it in 1.31.

Like the OP, I am experiencing the same problem with the DIR-655 and FW 1.31 and Windows Home Server that I did not experience under 1.21.

The Console will complain of port forwarding failures often. Opening the Home Server Console, going to "Settings", then "Remote Access" and selecting "Repair" will often restore proper function, but it will shortly complain some minutes later that port forwarding has failed once again (persumably during some sort of periodic renegotiation?).

Problem persists after a 30-30-30 reset, and entering the router configuration again by hand from scratch.

Since the only change was upgrading the router firmware to 1.31, I can only conclude the fault lies there. For that reason alone (compounded by the inability to downgrade to what was a working version), I'm very unhappy with this firmware release. This feature worked properly in earlier firmware releases.

TLE

• Level 2 Member
    • Thirsk Home IT Solutions
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2009, 01:06:12 AM »

Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this? What has changed in the formware between 1.21 amd 1.31? Or is this a simple case of each sompany having a slightly different understanding of the UPnP standard.

TLE

jason1722x

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2009, 10:21:13 AM »

try un checking your DNS & reboot router & system.

TLE

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2009, 12:34:55 PM »

Do you mean 'Enable DNS Relay' in the Network setup section?

Xinot

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2009, 12:42:27 PM »

DNS relay?
DNS or not, i can not save any changes in port forwarding page... After save&reboot this page is empty again..
A3 1.3zzz

darkgrue

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2009, 06:39:18 PM »

No effect on the problem with uPnP and WHS.

lotacus

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2009, 07:08:19 PM »

how many of you restored configuration file?

darkgrue

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2009, 10:31:46 PM »

how many of you restored configuration file?

Neither of us, apparently.

I followed all the instructions for the upgrade and did not reload the old config.  I started from scratch after restoring to defaults.

Problem persists after a 30-30-30 reset, and entering the router configuration again by hand from scratch.

A corrupted config file was the first thing I thought of. I don't think it's related to that, and at this point there's two independent corroborations.

It worked fine in 1.21, it doesn't in 1.31. Simple as that. Given the other problems, this feature breaking doesn't seem to far-fetched to me. I would, however, want to be sure that this issue gets sufficient attention for the next release.

Xinot

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2009, 11:22:23 PM »

Yup, fresh config here too. Port forwarding just do not work at all..
A3 1.3zzz

TLE

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2009, 01:57:58 AM »

Same here, fresh config on each attempt. Even tried the 30:30:30 reset. Even tried downloading a fresh copy of the firmware.

Agreed, I would like to seem some response from maybe some of the D-link engineers or somthing.

However I suspect that this could be due to an inconsistency in the way UPnP is implemented. Although there is a standard each software house or hardware place seem too interpret the standard slightly differently.

Let's hope we get it fixed.

TLE

Xinot

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2009, 02:09:09 AM »

No go with upnp off too...  :-X
Maybe d-link remove this port forwarding option in next firmware.  ;D
A3 1.3zzz

jdrom

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2009, 10:11:21 PM »

Glad to see I'm not the only one...

Really disappointing that D-Link dropped the ball on this though. I don't care so much about UPnP, but I need my Port Forwarding/Virtual Server options to work.

I sent them an email about it too, I suggest everyone does in case you haven't already. That way they'll definitely see it.
DIR-655 A4 | 1.32NA Build03

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2009, 08:38:47 AM »

It's odd that so many of you guys are seeing this, we're not able to replicate the error. Has any of you tried reflashing the firmware?
Also that 30-30-30 "reset" you're doing will not have an effect on the 655, Ubicom products do not have a crash reset.

TLE

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2009, 09:25:45 AM »

I have tried re-flashing mine on a few occasions with no success, and always re-configuring the router from scratch.

There seems to be two seperate issues within this the thread, the original which was port fowarding was failing after x amount of minutes when set up by UPnP, and those who cannot save there port forwarding rules manually.

Lycan, as for the UPnP problem, is there anything in the logs which may or may not help?

Thanks

TLE

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5