• April 27, 2024, 06:42:08 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Mac - Macintosh Owners Start Here  (Read 40354 times)

pr1m3_5u5p3ct

• Level 1 Member
Re: Mac - Macintosh Owners Start Here
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2009, 09:42:51 AM »

Well, nevermind. I reinstalled with 10_4.mkpg ... shareport is working fine now, but I am having a small problem with time machine which has nothing to do with dlink so all is well now, thanks anyways...
13in Macbook 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB Ram Mac OS X 10.5.6
D-Link 655 A2 1.31NA

sandman

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2009, 09:53:46 AM »

Glad to hear the shareport is working - may I ask, what is the problem with Timeport? It would be interesting to know as Mac users with a 655 who were not using shareport with a printer might want to use a HD with Timeport
ASUS RT-N56U
"I Love Deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
               Douglas Adams

pr1m3_5u5p3ct

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2009, 09:55:56 AM »

Timeport? no, you mean time machine right???? Well actually, I spoke too soon. I had to force quit out of time machine and restart. Now, shareport won't connect, i keep getting the Connection failed box. When I posted the first time, it connected then it disconnected midway through, so that is where my problem started. I am totally at a loss now, we need an update or a new firmware or whatever...
13in Macbook 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB Ram Mac OS X 10.5.6
D-Link 655 A2 1.31NA

sandman

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2009, 10:31:26 AM »

My bad - time machine - the word timeport was in my brain for an entirely separate reason  :-[
But thanks for the info - it really does not sound like shareport is going to work for regular intel Mac time machine backups based on your experience.
ASUS RT-N56U
               Douglas Adams

whatever69

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2009, 03:15:39 PM »

Hi,

I'm on a Macbook OS X 10.5.6 and I'm running the latest 1.31NA firmware.  I installed the latest shareport utility for OS X by running SharePortUtility_10_4.  The file Cosetup did nothing for me.  I was able to plug in SandDisk USB Cruzer 2.0 GB stick.  Was able to write an 87MB .mov file and was able to watch it.  It transfered at a rate of 1.1MB/s (8.8 Mbps) which is quite slow.  Now the moment I tried to seek a specific spot in the movie, Finder just gave me the rainbow circle and I couldn't even reboot.

The firmware 1.31NA in itself has been working fine for me, but the initial release of the SharePort utility for OS X is very buggy.  Use it if you want to play around with, but I wouldn't trust it for data that is important.  Anyone also having the same issue?
D-LINK DIR-655 A3 1.31NA, Macbook 2.2GHz C2D, OS X 10.5.6

guitren

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2009, 06:06:29 PM »

Hi,

I'm on a Macbook OS X 10.5.6 and I'm running the latest 1.31NA firmware.  I installed the latest shareport utility for OS X by running SharePortUtility_10_4.  The file Cosetup did nothing for me.  I was able to plug in SandDisk USB Cruzer 2.0 GB stick.  Was able to write an 87MB .mov file and was able to watch it.  It transfered at a rate of 1.1MB/s (8.8 Mbps) which is quite slow.  Now the moment I tried to seek a specific spot in the movie, Finder just gave me the rainbow circle and I couldn't even reboot.

The firmware 1.31NA in itself has been working fine for me, but the initial release of the SharePort utility for OS X is very buggy.  Use it if you want to play around with, but I wouldn't trust it for data that is important.  Anyone also having the same issue?
I'm with you about the shareport utility being buggy. I have the same setup Macbook 5,1 OS X 10.5.6 and about the same issues... even my printer will stop working after a simple test. Since I also have a PC that work just great with my share drive and printer I can only point my finger at the shareport utility!
DIR 655 HW A2 - 1.31NA

sandman

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2009, 06:00:44 AM »

I'm with you about the shareport utility being buggy. I have the same setup Macbook 5,1 OS X 10.5.6 and about the same issues... even my printer will stop working after a simple test. Since I also have a PC that work just great with my share drive and printer I can only point my finger at the shareport utility!

Thanks Guitren - the fact that the Windows side works well, but the Mac side does not, indeed seems to point to a problem with the Mac version of the shareport. By the way, which version of the 655 do you have - seems from some other PC threads that the A3 & A4 have a higher problem rate, and in one thread it was suggested it may be connected to the energy-saving properties of these versions, where an unused USB port (Or at least one the router thinks is unused!) is powered down. Interesting theory.
ASUS RT-N56U
               Douglas Adams

whatever69

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2009, 07:57:24 AM »

Interesting theory.  Btw, his signature says A2.  Mine is A3 as per my signature.
D-LINK DIR-655 A3 1.31NA, Macbook 2.2GHz C2D, OS X 10.5.6

sandman

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2009, 10:21:22 AM »

Ah! missed that! - Ok, Guitren not having problems on the PC side with an A2 again strengthens the argument that it may be a version problem with PC's.
But, as you said, the Mac problems seem to point strongly at a fault with the shareport utility.
ASUS RT-N56U
               Douglas Adams
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]