• April 15, 2024, 09:47:37 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: DCS-930L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 407147 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-930L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2012, 04:46:01 AM »

I would like the feature that gives some information on in what area movement is detected in the email or in the acctual image.
I guess the hardware in the camera is not powerfull to manipulate the image, but writing a text string in the email in what block detection is over the threshold should work.

Interesting idea!  Added...
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2012, 04:49:49 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-930L Wishlist

• General - Ability to save a user defined default value (ActiveX or Java) for LIVE VIDEO > Camera > FUNCTION
  • General - Add control for user language
  • General - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled, ftp enabled, motion detection enabled)
  • General - Admin password length too short
  • General - Daylight savings time support
  • General - Disable telnet and enable SSH for command line access
  • General - Include more segmentation for the FTP file name date/time suffix: e.g. change "DCS-930L_2011090114562601.jpg" to "DCS-930L_20110901_14562601.jpg" or "DCS-930L_2011.0901.1456.2601.jpg"
  • General - Option to include date and time stamps on captured images
  • General - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)
  • General - User password length too short
  • Audio - Resolve intermittent background audio clicking
  • FTP - Ability to maintain an FTP'd image history for a user defined period (e.g. 24 hours) whereby older images are automatically deleted, ensuring no more than a fixed number of images are maintained on the destination server at any given time
  • FTP - Test failure messages should display the cause of failure (e.g."server not found", "unknown username", "bad password");  the current messaging "Failed" provides little diagnostic value
  • FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following refresh (currently requires iterating through multiple pages)
  • Image - Add ability to rotate image 90 and 270 degrees (in addition to "Flip Image")
  • Motion Detection - Include a text string in the email notifications indicating the motion detection grid area(s) breached during a motion detection event
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection email on a user defined schedule
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection FTP on a schedule
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails and FTP posts (independent of FPS)
  • Motion Detection - User defined minimal interval between motion detection FTP posts and emails (to avoid flood of emails during a prolonged motion detection event) (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 minutes)
  • mydlink - mydlink registration independent of device configuration wizard
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Security - Support for secure broadcasting of video/audio feed (SSL, HTTPS)
  • Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)
  • Video - RTSP Streaming (.cgi is not the best solution for protocols like VLC)
  • Video - The "Zoom" function in the web UI should magnify the video image from the center of the frame rather than the top left corner
  • Bug - Address the ClassNotFoundException error associated with motion detection and Java (without the need for end users to employ a workaround fix)
  • [Bug] Password - Passwords created that exceed the maximum length (8 characters) are not rejected, only the first 8 characters are accepted (firmware should reject the password and generate an error message)

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• Audio - Resolve intermittent background audio clicking [FIXED!]

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #77 on: December 06, 2012, 07:36:28 AM »

You can change the time zone, or the offset, then change it back, then hit save, and it will have the wrong time, or it will display the correct time on that page, until you start watching video, and then the Video time is off...  same on the DCS-930L.  If syncing to say north-america.pool.ntp.org (or another verified working varient) it NEVER syncs to the right time (it does on all windows boxes and any other device I ever tried).

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2012, 07:37:07 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-930L Wishlist

• General - Ability to save a user defined default value (ActiveX or Java) for LIVE VIDEO > Camera > FUNCTION
  • General - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled, ftp enabled, motion detection enabled)
  • General - Include more segmentation for the FTP file name date/time suffix: e.g. change "DCS-930L_2011090114562601.jpg" to "DCS-930L_20110901_14562601.jpg" or "DCS-930L_2011.0901.1456.2601.jpg"
  • General - Status page containing the number and type of connections currently served and actual time/operational status (Current JavaScript implementation falsely reports connection time by incrementing counter when camera is powered off)
  • General - Time Zone configuration does not function properly. When timezone is changed, the device gets confused and fails to sync the correct time
  • FTP - Ability to maintain an FTP'd image history for a user defined period (e.g. 24 hours) whereby older images are automatically deleted, ensuring no more than a fixed number of images are maintained on the destination server at any given time
  • FTP - Test failure messages should display the cause of failure (e.g."server not found", "unknown username", "bad password");  the current messaging "Failed" provides little diagnostic value
  • FTP - Test message should appear on the FTP setup page following refresh (currently requires iterating through multiple pages)
  • Image - Add ability to rotate image 90 and 270 degrees (in addition to "Flip Image")
  • Motion Detection - Include a text string in the email notifications indicating the motion detection grid area(s) breached during a motion detection event
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity
  • Motion Detection - User defined frame capture rate for motion detection emails and FTP posts (independent of FPS)
  • Motion Detection - User defined minimal interval between motion detection FTP posts and emails (to avoid flood of emails during a prolonged motion detection event) (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 5, or 10 minutes)
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Video - Add "2" FPS option to the FPS drop-down menu (currently 1, 5, 7, 15, 20, 30)
  • Video - The "Zoom" function in the web UI should magnify the video image from the center of the frame rather than the top left corner
  • Bug - Address the ClassNotFoundException error associated with motion detection and Java (without the need for end users to employ a workaround fix)
  • [Bug] Password - Passwords created that exceed the maximum length (8 characters) are not rejected, only the first 8 characters are accepted (firmware should reject the password and generate an error message)

rr10002000

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2012, 12:22:00 AM »

Hello,

I noticed that when FTP upload is in use in case of motion detection, camera is uploading images every 2-3 seconds. I this could have two reasons - or just fixed fps, or FTP connection is taking some time; most probably to upload each photo camera is opening an FTP connection and closing. So would be nice to keep FTP connection open for some period, i.e. motion detection - open FTP - upload X photos - no motion for 30 seconds - close FTP.

Thanks.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #80 on: December 12, 2012, 09:09:35 AM »

Hello,

I noticed that when FTP upload is in use in case of motion detection, camera is uploading images every 2-3 seconds. I this could have two reasons - or just fixed fps, or FTP connection is taking some time; most probably to upload each photo camera is opening an FTP connection and closing. So would be nice to keep FTP connection open for some period, i.e. motion detection - open FTP - upload X photos - no motion for 30 seconds - close FTP.

I'm not sure I fully understand what you are proposing here. Are you suggesting the FTP session should remain open until all images from the motion detection event are pushed to the server? (rather than open/close, open/close, open/close, etc).

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2012, 09:11:37 AM »

Does the latest firmware update fix any issues on the firmware wishlist? If the answer is "yes", please post your findings here!

rr10002000

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #82 on: December 17, 2012, 11:02:46 PM »

I'm not sure I fully understand what you are proposing here. Are you suggesting the FTP session should remain open until all images from the motion detection event are pushed to the server? (rather than open/close, open/close, open/close, etc).

Hi JavaLawyer,
Yes, exactly.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #83 on: December 18, 2012, 06:13:16 AM »

Hello,

Thanks.

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2012, 06:15:00 AM »

DCS-930L Wishlist

• General - Time Zone configuration does not function properly. When timezone is changed, the device gets confused and fails to sync the correct time
  • FTP - Maintain open FTP session until all images from the motion detection event are pushed to the server (rather than open/close, open/close, open/close, etc)
  • FTP - Test failure messages should display the cause of failure (e.g."server not found", "unknown username", "bad password");  the current messaging "Failed" provides little diagnostic value

Laeffe

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-930L Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2013, 02:51:48 AM »

Hi.
I can't find this feature in the compiled list nor in my device (1.06).

Upon motion detection (scheduled!), then ftp multiple images, pre- and post-trigger, just like the email does.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-930L Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2013, 05:42:47 AM »

Hi.
I can't find this feature in the compiled list nor in my device (1.06).

Upon motion detection (scheduled!), then ftp multiple images, pre- and post-trigger, just like the email does.

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #87 on: January 23, 2013, 05:43:15 AM »

DCS-930L Wishlist

• FTP - Maintain open FTP session until all images from the motion detection event are pushed to the server (rather than open/close, open/close, open/close, etc)
  • FTP - Test failure messages should display the cause of failure (e.g."server not found", "unknown username", "bad password");  the current messaging "Failed" provides little diagnostic value
  • Motion Detection - Option to FTP images immediately before and after a motion detection event (similar to the current email option)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2013, 05:43:39 AM »

D-Link released firmware version 1.07 build 05, located here: Firmware v1.07b05

Please post your comments and observations here: DCS-930L - Firmware v1.07b05 Comments & Observations

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2013, 05:15:29 AM »

D-Link posted version 1.02.03 of the Setup Wizard here: D-Link Taiwan Site (Downloads)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11