• March 29, 2024, 01:13:08 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Firmware Beta 1.21b02 Beta 1 feedback and comments!  (Read 103325 times)

onepremise

• Level 1 Member
Re: Firmware Beta 1.21b02 Beta 1 feedback and comments!
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2009, 09:19:30 PM »

What wireless client are you noticing the slow down?

MacMini with Mac OS X 10.4 Wireless
HP Laptop with Windows XP Wireless
Desktop with Windows XP 64bit Wired

What exactly are you doing when you notice the slow down?  is it just gaming?

- Turning on the MacMini for the first time after it's DHCP address has expired. 
- Upon new request the router locks up and refuses to provide my mini a new addy. 
- I try to access the router web-client from another machine to check logs and the web interface doesn't respond.
- THe entire LAN performance begins to degrade and neither wired or wireless have internet access
-  All internet access freezes until I reboot the router

After reboot:

- My MacMini expired address finally renews and obtains an address
- Internet access is restored to all machines wired/wireless
- Router web interface is accessible

In addition to this instance, I've also caught the router freeze while copying files from my linux samba file server to my MacMini.  I occasionally stream video from my samba server to my macmini.  During transfer the router will lock up just as previously mentioned and I have to perform a hard reset on the router.

What are you gaming on?

I don't game that much.  I've never experienced issues while gaming.

What are you pinging when you see the slow down?

I ping the router to see if it's responsive when the network stalls.  I can tell immediately there is an issue as it times out or responds with a huge delay.

Reinvented

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2009, 08:04:57 AM »

Okay...

Update #3:

Wired is still okay.  I'm noticing that UPnP is STILL broken, and causes entries to be added, renewed, and deleted immediately. 

DD-WRT has a nice UPnP section, where it will name the program/application and ports and protocol.  And it also has a delete button.  As I've mentioned before, it would be nice if you could do the same thing, and have it close when it's told to, or open...or heck...not delete entries upon rebooting of the router.

I ended up gaming a bit more early this morning.  Wired started to see a slow down.  And so did wireless.  I got a spike to a Los Angeles server of 1439...over wireless.  And wired shot up from 7ms, to 41.  GameFuel was left at default, as it SHOULD work out of the box. 

arod

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2009, 08:13:18 AM »

well.. I noticed the delays over wireless myself  :-[  All the feedback here will be forwarded to PM. Thank you for posting.

watcher5

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2009, 08:44:16 AM »

The new firmware released last week does not solve the 3 day lockup.   3 days on the nose it just locked up again.  I've talked to a couple of others who also have the same problem.

Kneo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2009, 09:03:57 AM »

3rd day in a row  that I have to reboot it have 24 hours because all Internet traffic stops.

darklight_tr

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2009, 12:12:35 PM »

While I've never experienced the lockup problem, my WLAN performance is MUCH MUCH worse since upgrading to v1.20 and the problem continues with 1.21b02 Beta 1.  Wireless N range seems to be drastically reduced, as well as throughput.  Errors are sky high.  I've been forced to move my DAP-1555 that my home theater uses closer to my DGL-4500 because of this.  At least with 1.21b02 Beta 1 the connection doesn't seem to totally die like it did with 1.20, but it still isn't very good.  I am glad that almost everything is connected via the wired LAN otherwise I would probably be buying a new router at this point.

I am using the AT&T U-Verse DSL service for my connection.

onepremise

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2009, 12:44:57 PM »

I'm considering just removing this router all together.  It's plagued with problems and in addition to the issues mentioned in my previous post, it still stalls every few days.  It's unfortunate as this router has really cool hardware and features, but the firmware bugs far outweigh the benefits. I wouldn't consider moving my entertainment system just for the sake of keeping a sub-par router.  All I want now is a gigabit router that supports DDWRT. 

arod

« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2009, 03:56:51 PM »

Just to make sure we're clear on what some of you have tried.. For those that did upgrade to 1.21b02 beta 1 What HW version is your unit?
Did you upgrade the firmware and then reset the router to factory?
Did you build config from scratch?

Yimmy

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2009, 04:02:56 PM »

This morning the router needed to be unplugged, due to the same issue as with beta 1 (no Internet access/cannot access router interface through web). The router was fine, with the exception of some slowdowns, since 7/11.

A1 version. Reset router to factory default prior to updating from beta 1 to 2. Loaded beta 1 config file afterwards. I'll try resetting to factory default and create the config from scratch. 
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 04:48:16 PM by Yimmy »

Kneo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2009, 06:49:59 AM »

I am on the 4th day of having to reboot it in the morning.

Mine is a A1,

I upgraded to  the 121b02 but did not reset to factory default. When I upgraded I loaded a saved config.

I will reload the newest FW and reset to the factory and then build my config from scratch when I get home tonight and see what happens
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 07:59:40 AM by Kneo »

kingz489

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2009, 07:18:03 AM »

I have an A1 and I resetted to factory settings

SuperH

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2009, 07:25:43 AM »

My router reboots multiple times an hour.

This is really frustrating.

It had uptimes of MONTHS with 1.15.  1.20+... not so much, unfortunately.

I need to get this resolved.  I have a Samsung UN55B8000 television which will soon support BlockBuster movie streaming, and a Playstation 3 that I would like to use online.

This needs fixed.  In the interim, I am looking for a good router to run DD-WRT on.  :)

I appreciate the efforts in resolving our issues.  Please, keep it up!

youngdom

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2009, 01:12:13 PM »

don't know but for me its working fine no drops yet except for wireless

LAN Statistics

Sent :12330443

TX Packets Dropped :8

Collisions :0

Received :15627152

RX Packets Dropped :0

Errors :0
WAN Statistics

Sent :15589888

TX Packets Dropped :0

Collisions :0

Received :16137279

Errors :0
Wireless Statistics

Sent :14699

TX Packets Dropped :1

Received :4014

Errors :1564

SkyOwl

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2009, 01:16:50 PM »

I installed 1.21b02 on 7/9 soon after if was made available.  Running for over 5 days now with no issues.  

The previous v1.20 would require reboot every 3-4 days for me.  There has been no need to reboot, and the router seems to be more responsive during general use (browsing, gaming, etc.).  Stats show 0 WAN and Wireless errors, with 3 dropped packets on LAN.  

To be fair, most of my computers are hardwired with 1GB network, including the PS3s.  Only wireless use is when I'm wandering about with one of the notebooks and I generally connect through a DAP-2553 access point instead of the DGL-4500.  The DAP-2553 is physically positioned to provide a little better signal strength (5 verses 4 bars) in most areas I use wireless.  Both the 2553 and 4500 Connect at 270Mbs by the way.

I thought I had an issue with the upload speed being half what it was with 1.20, but that soon fixed itself....must have been a coincidental ISP problem.

So far, I'm happy.

arod

« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2009, 01:51:56 PM »

Well.. that makes 2 users that are happy so far.. Please keep us posted if anything comes up. What ISP do you guys have?

Wireless will always have dropped packets because, well.. its wireless.

Still trying to hammer out the 3-4 day issue that some of you are still seeing. Please let me know how it goes after you reset the router to factory and build the config from scratch.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10