D-Link Enterprise > DES-3200-Series

Auto reboot schedule for DES-3200

(1/2) > >>

jerryeheath:
I would like to set up my DES-3200-28P switch to automatically reboot each day at a certain time in the early-morning hours.  Could someone help me configure this either via web interface or command line?

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

* What region are you located?
Is there any information regarding this in the User Manual?

jerryeheath:
I am in Virginia Beach, VA.  I have looked in the Web Interface and Command Line manuals but I can't find any information on how to accomplish this.

FurryNutz:
Not sure if it maybe supported or something thats not detailed in the manual. I'll forward this to D-Link and see if we can get some help on this. You may need to phone contact D-link support and ask for help. We find using the phone has faster results...let us know if you find out anything.

Rara Avis:
jerryeheath,

I don't think I have ever seen a switch with a feature like that.  Why would you want to do such a thing, have you found some sort of a memory leak on the switch?

Or is your concern more indirect (meaning it isn't the DES-3200-28P you want to reboot, but whatever it is powering perhaps)?  If that is the case, then the common solution would be to assign a time range to the poe ports that excludes a second when you want the reboot to happen.

Either way, I can't think of any reason to want a feature like this except as a bandaid for a much more serious problem.

Good luck!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version