D-Link Wireless Routers for Home and Small Business > DIR-3040

WiFi Issues since FW1.11

<< < (2/3) > >>

Valthanis:
So I haven't tried downgrading the Firmware yet, but I did reload both from my backup, and from scratch and the same problem is still happening.

I am testing currently with the "Smart Connect" feature off and I will post back tomorrow if that has resolved the connection dropping issues I have seen on wifi.

I know its not my internet as the devices that I have hardwired have not had a problem at all since this started with FW1.11

Valthanis:
So it's still happening after about 18 hours, reboot fixes it again though. I really believe there is a bug in this firmware.

FurryNutz:
Let us know what happens if you downgrade FW...

aitkened:
I've also had nothing but issues with WIFI since the 1.11 update. Devices tend to just take longer to connect to it (mainly phones when waking the device) but it's very noticeable. my laptop (surface pro) even drops wifi connectivity randomly. Even my Google home doesn't work right and 50% of the time you ask it a question it says "something went wrong try again in a few seconds" after which it will work fine.  I tried a factory reset and setup everything from scratch. i have QOS disabled and use separate 2.4 and 5g networks. Everything was great with the 1.02 firmware but i updated because of the mesh enhancements (I have a hardwired dap-1820 at the back of my house). It'd be great if i could ROLL BACK to that firmware with an official download  ::)

FurryNutz:
Have you made contact with D-Link support about this yet?

--- Quote from: aitkened on August 28, 2020, 07:34:00 AM ---I've also had nothing but issues with WIFI since the 1.11 update. Devices tend to just take longer to connect to it (mainly phones when waking the device) but it's very noticeable. my laptop (surface pro) even drops wifi connectivity randomly. Even my Google home doesn't work right and 50% of the time you ask it a question it says "something went wrong try again in a few seconds" after which it will work fine.  I tried a factory reset and setup everything from scratch. i have QOS disabled and use separate 2.4 and 5g networks. Everything was great with the 1.02 firmware but i updated because of the mesh enhancements (I have a hardwired dap-1820 at the back of my house). It'd be great if i could ROLL BACK to that firmware with an official download  ::)

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version