• March 28, 2024, 03:00:48 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: mydlink.com - Wishlist  (Read 148257 times)

happyhere

• Level 3 Member
Re: mydlink.com - Wishlist
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2013, 08:42:54 AM »

my wishlist for mydlink.com

myDlink Website - Ability to go to DCS camera settings even if Java is not installed. Sometimes, I just need to change the settings and no need to see the video.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2013, 11:19:57 AM »

my wishlist for mydlink.com

myDlink Website - Ability to go to DCS camera settings even if Java is not installed. Sometimes, I just need to change the settings and no need to see the video.

Added...
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2013, 11:21:31 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent updates are in blue.

mydlink Wishlist

• myDlink Website - Ability to manually change to camera sort order on the mydlink page
  • myDlink Website - Ability to access and change camera settings even if JAva is not installed
  • myDlink Website - Option to concurrently view live views from multiple registered cameras
  • myDlink Website - Add option for full-screen video
  • myDlink Website - Add option to quickly/easily disable audio on the mydlink page without editing the camera settings
  • myDlink Website - Add on/off option to enable/disable one or more cameras
  • myDlink Website - Date and time data (time stamp) in the mydlink view (to indicate system is working)
  • myDlink Website - Improved Firefox and Safari support (e.g. inability to configure motion detection)
  • myDlink Website - Include camera name in the mydlink info display
  • myDlink Website - Option to stream audio/video feeds locally when monitoring from a device on the same local network as the camera
  • myDlink Website - Remove error message "Max. Number of Views Reached. Please Try Again Later. (027F062500)"
  • myDlink Website - Support for 480p and 720p resolution
  • myDlink Website - Support for guest accounts providing access to one or more cameras (with the option to suspend viewing privileges)
  • mydlink Website/Mobile Apps - Add "Enable Motion Detection Now" button to capture motion events on the fly without navigating through the web interface[/url]
  • Mobile Apps - Add ability to adjust camera settings, including IR, on/off, auto, brightness, etc.

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank you!)

• TBD

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2013, 11:40:16 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or overlooked anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent updates are in blue.

mydlink Wishlist

• Browser Support - Improved Firefox and Safari support (e.g. inability to configure motion detection)
  • GUI - Add on/off option to enable/disable one or more cameras
  • Camera Control - Ability to manually change to camera sort order on the mydlink page
  • Camera Control - Ability to access and change camera settings even if Java is not installed
  • Camera Control - Add "Enable Motion Detection" button to capture motion events without opening the camera web UI[/url]
  • Camera Control - Option to concurrently view live views from multiple registered cameras
  • Camera Control - Option to disable audio on the mydlink page without editing the camera settings
  • Live Video Feed - Add option for full-screen video
  • Live Video Feed - Date and time data (time stamp) in the mydlink view (to indicate system is working)
  • Live Video Feed - Include camera name in the mydlink info display
  • Live Video Feed - Option to stream audio/video feeds locally when monitoring from a device on the same local network as the camera
  • Live Video Feed - Support for 480p and 720p resolution
  • Security - Support for guest accounts providing access to one or more cameras (with the option to suspend viewing privileges)
  • [Bug] Error message "Max. Number of Views Reached. Please Try Again Later. (027F062500)"

• TBD

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2013, 06:32:25 AM »

Fixed:

• Camera Control - Option to disable audio on the mydlink page without editing the camera settings
  • Live Video Feed - Include camera name in the mydlink info display

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2013, 06:34:11 AM »

mydlink Wishlist

• Browser Support - Improved Firefox and Safari support (e.g. inability to configure motion detection)
  • Camera Control - Ability to manually change to camera sort order on the mydlink page
  • Camera Control - Ability to access and change camera settings even if Java is not installed
  • Camera Control - Add "Enable Motion Detection" button to capture motion events without opening the camera web UI[/url]
  • Camera Control - Option to concurrently view live views from multiple registered cameras
  • Live Video Feed - Date and time data (time stamp) in the mydlink view (to indicate system is working)
  • Live Video Feed - Option to stream audio/video feeds locally when monitoring from a device on the same local network as the camera
  • Security - Support for guest accounts providing access to one or more cameras (with the option to suspend viewing privileges)
  • [Bug] Error message "Max. Number of Views Reached. Please Try Again Later. (027F062500)"

• Camera Control - Option to disable audio on the mydlink page without editing the camera settings [FIXED!]
  • Live Video Feed - Include camera name in the mydlink info display [FIXED!]

happyhere

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2013, 08:05:38 PM »

additional wishlist from me :)

Ability to select which Video Profile (1/2/3 or 4) on mydlink.com.  It seems to default to Video Profile #1

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2013, 04:45:17 AM »

additional wishlist from me :)

Ability to select which Video Profile (1/2/3 or 4) on mydlink.com.  It seems to default to Video Profile #1

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2013, 04:47:01 AM »

mydlink Wishlist

• Camera Control - Access and change camera settings even if Java is not installed
  • Camera Control - Manually change to camera sort order on the mydlink page
  • Camera Control - Option to select video profile (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 4)

• Camera Control - Option to disable audio on the mydlink page without editing the camera settings [FIXED!]

larry250

• Level 1 Member
Please Allow Wifi Only Selector for iPhone/iPad App
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2013, 12:31:55 PM »

Too many times my video stream has roamed onto data as I lost a wifi signal to use mass amounts of data.

Please add a "video over cellular data" selector so we can limit use to Wifi only and not rack up data charges.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Please Allow Wifi Only Selector for iPhone/iPad App
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2013, 12:47:31 PM »

Too many times my video stream has roamed onto data as I lost a wifi signal to use mass amounts of data.

Please add a "video over cellular data" selector so we can limit use to Wifi only and not rack up data charges.

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2013, 12:49:25 PM »

mydlink Wishlist

• Camera Control - Access and change camera settings even if Java is not installed
  • Camera Control - Manually change to camera sort order on the mydlink page
  • Camera Control - Option to select video profile (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 4)
  • Live Video Feed - Option to throttle down throughput to mobile devices to avoid excessive data charges (i.e. "Video Over Cellular Data" checkbox)

942LCamera

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2013, 10:54:51 PM »

The ability to easily download the contents of the sd card to the computer hard drive, eg "save all" function.

My camera is on continuous record with 1 minute video recordings and is in a difficult spot to remove the sd card everytime I want to copy the footage to my pc.

Maybe we can have a function in the "Playback" tab where when you select the day, there is also a function to also save/download that days footage from sd to pc.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2013, 04:32:55 AM »

The ability to easily download the contents of the sd card to the computer hard drive, eg "save all" function.

My camera is on continuous record with 1 minute video recordings and is in a difficult spot to remove the sd card everytime I want to copy the footage to my pc.

Maybe we can have a function in the "Playback" tab where when you select the day, there is also a function to also save/download that days footage from sd to pc.

The functionality you're asking for seems better suited to camera firmware rather than the mydlink service for remote camera access.  :-\

happyhere

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2013, 08:50:27 AM »

wishlist:

Security - On the More Settings Page. Remove the Admin password. Dlink should not even know our admin password on DCS camera
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7