• April 18, 2024, 06:42:35 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Huge disappointment.  (Read 3029 times)

c014

• Level 1 Member
Huge disappointment.
« on: August 18, 2012, 07:46:41 AM »

I have the a1 version of this, and it's been nothing else but a disappointment.

First of all, it's been launched and advertised like this great open source router which would have addons and customized firmwares,vbut it's not even supported by dd-wrt. Is there ANY customized firmware out there?

And the official software is nothing else but a joke, a lot of configuration options are missing.

And stability? yeah.. no.. not really, every time I need to log in to this router I must restart it because the http-server don't respond.

I've been having the dap-1360 for about three years, and I cannot get it to play along with the network, probably because I the configuration options are missing in the interface.

So, I think that was all.
Am I the only one with the same feelings?

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Huge disappointment.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 10:56:26 AM »

Link>Welcome!
What model DLink product do you refer too? DAP-1360?
If so how is the DAP configured? AP? Relay? Bridge?
Where is this information that the DAP is supported by custom FW and add-ons located at?
Please be more detailed and specific on what your posting about so we might be able to get a better idea of your situation and give better feedback and suggestions.

This is not a router, and was never intended or designed to be one or function like a ROUTER. If your looking for routing abilities and options, would recommend that you look into DIR series routers for that. The DAP models are Wirless APs, Relays and Bridges only. Meant to work with external host routers such as the DIR series.

Many variables can contribute to Wireless operation and performance, such and user configurations, host router configuration and external environment conditions. Most devices work well out of the box. Just have to know how to troubleshoot and know what to look for in setting up and finding problems.

Be advised that there are other Revs to this model DAP, B and C and there might not be any other updates for Rev A anymore. I would contact DLink support and ask for more information regarding this if you feel that your DAP is not working well.

Good luck.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 10:58:29 AM by FurryNutz »
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.