• April 18, 2024, 05:57:16 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: 1.05 and BitTorrent?  (Read 33404 times)

mcduarte2000

• Level 2 Member
    • Miguel Duarte
Re: 1.05 and BitTorrent?
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2008, 02:34:17 AM »

Hmm Very strange anyone else see this issue? Are you using Network access rules with users? If so try deleting the users and re-creating you rules.

Yes, I've the same problem. :(

I removed all groups and users to test it and nothing changed. I also removed and re added Volume_1 permissions, and nothing changed... On windows the folder is marked as "Read-only" with the box turned a little darker (instead of a check mark).

My configurations are:

NETWORK ACCESS LIST:

BT    Volume_1/BT    ALL    Oplocks no     Map no   R/W Read/Write
Volume_1    Volume_1    ALL    Oplocks no     Map no   R/W Read/Write

HARD DRIVE CONFIGURATION:

RAID 1

PS: After more tests, using the "secret webserver" (web/wfs_login.asp), I could delete the files (both with the administrator password or a "normal" user password). This means I can't delete from Windows (I tested it on 2 machines using XP), but I can from the unit...

PS2: I also tested deleting using the FTP server with Read/Write access and it doesn't work. The BT directory has 755 in terms of attributes (no group and no public permissions to write), while the my folders, which I can delete have 777 in terms of attributes (everybody can write). I tried to changed the attribute of the BT directory and it's sub-folders and the system didn't changed anything.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 10:09:40 AM by mcduarte2000 »

Banshee1971

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2008, 06:33:42 AM »

New test with V1.05 and BT today

1 - Backup "again" my NAS to my local drive
2 - write down all my config
3 - RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULT
4 - Re-configure the NAS
5 - In RAID CONFIGURATION, Set RAID Type and Re-Format : Choose "Standard Drive".
   During the re-format, the NAS show me the 320 Go drive first, and the 500 Go drive second (but the 500Go drive are in the SLOT 1, the one on the LEFT)
6 - The NAS Label the 320 Go Drive (Left) : Volume_2   and the 500 Go Drive (Right) : Volume_1
7 - Retry the "Easy Search Utility", click on Refresh, Select the NAS and click on "Bittorent". note that i did'nt create any right yet, so the NAS are configure "open to all" by default.

Result : the same, no BT folder create on Volume_1. Only the "BT_PROG" Folder are create on Volume_2.

Not working at all !

Here my config (in detail, exept for username and password... of course !)
LAN CFG :
- DHCP Client
- Jumbo Frame : Disable

GROUP :
- groupno1   user : userno1, userno2
- groupno2   user : userftpno1

USER :
- userftpno1   pw : down
- userno1   pw : audrey
- userno2   pw : userno2

NETWORK ACCESS LIST :
- Volume_1   path :    Volume_1   group : groupno1   Oplocks : no   Map : yes   READ & RIGHT
- Volume_2   path :    Volume_1   group : groupno1   Oplocks : no   Map : yes   READ & RIGHT
- BT      path :    Volume_1/BT   group : groupno1   Oplocks : no   Map : yes   READ & RIGHT

FTP SERVER SETTINGS :
- Max User : 10
- Idel Time : 2
- Port : 21
- Flow Control : 5
- Client Language : Western European

FTP ACCESS LIST :
- Path : Volume_1/Server/Server/Upload
- User/Group : groupno2
- Right : R & W

UPnP SERVER : Disable
iTunes SERVER : Disable
DHCP SERVER : Disable
LLTD : Disable

NTP SERVER : ntp1.dlink.com
Time Zone : GMT -05:00
DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME : USA

POWER MANAGEMENT :
- Power Management : Enable
- Turn Off Hard Drives : After 30 mins

RAID CONFIGURATION :
- Standard (Individual Disks)

Banshee1971

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2008, 11:10:59 AM »

Last test i done seem to works.
I think i found the solution... but not very interesting for some people.

I purchase my NAS since V1.03, and upgrade tu V1.04, and now V1.05. I never RESET the NAS until last week, and i notice that when i RESET TO FACTORY the NAS, the Drive are still there, with their content. And if i format the DRIVE and RESET after, the iTunes and PnP Server still pointing to Volume that not exist. That mean something reside somewhere...

So i assume it's on the Drive, and i FORMAT the Drive in JBOD format. After that, i RESET to factory default, and RE-FORMAT the drive in Standalone Disk.

First thing i notice :
- The drive insert in the LEFT SLOT of the NAS (where it's label "DISK1" on the PCB of the NAS) are now name "VOLUME_2", and the other drive "VOLUME_1".

The easy search utility finaly works (at 50%) ! .. the BT finaly Works (at 50%) !  but ...

1 - I try fiew "little" TORRENT Transfert, and i can delete the file
2 - I try one 700 Meg TORRENT transfert, and i can't delete the file (i'm stuck with it)

I try to change the Access rules on this volume, and give it to "anyone, full access", and reboot the NAS ... nothing change, i'm prisoner of the 700 Meg file !

So my recommandation :

1 - Make the "Format Utility" really works, and really format and erase "ALL THE DRIVE"
2 - Make the "RESET TO FACTORY" really works.
3 - Make the BT Application works on any Volume ... So we wont be forme to do the Full reset, full format in jbod, full format in normal  mode !
4 - Make sure that all works create by the BT client are not "READ ONLY" ...

Question :
How can i manually change the rules on this Folder (without the WEB client.. because it's not working), to make the file "deletable" ...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 07:38:20 AM by Banshee1971 »

Banshee1971

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2008, 03:46:07 PM »

Today, i format the drive on the NAS (again), but before, i remove the user, and give access to ALL (the default access).

After Format, i try a 700Meg Torrent. Yes, i can delete it.
but...
sometime, i can't delete the file....
something weird happen on the drive with this new "BT" feature. Some 4Go file works OK (i can delete them), some 50 Meg also, some 700 Meg not...

The only way i found to correct this : Format the drive when it's full of Undeletable file. But i need to backup everything on my computer first. Good thing i have enough place on my computer !

« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 11:49:03 AM by Banshee1971 »

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2008, 10:48:32 AM »

Before deleting the completed files please make sure it is removed from to BitTorrent list using the remove completed button in the BT configuration  page.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

Banshee1971

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2008, 02:42:58 PM »

Before deleting the completed files please make sure it is removed from to BitTorrent list using the remove completed button in the BT configuration  page.

I "always" done that.
I notice something today, after download fiew more torrent. The file that wont delete, now can be delete after finish downloading the new torren, and click the button "Remove completed torren" ... (or the link associated with it).

So now, for no understandable reason, i was able to delete what it was unable to do...

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2008, 12:05:56 PM »

Hmm strange but I will look into this I have not been able to replicate this issue yet but maybe something will come up.

mcduarte2000

• Level 2 Member
    • Miguel Duarte
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2008, 02:53:08 AM »

Hmm strange but I will look into this I have not been able to replicate this issue yet but maybe something will come up.

Please do it. I've tried everything (except formating the hard-disk). Even tried accessing the drive using Linux instead of XP and the problem is exactly the same. I tried stopping the torrents before pressing removing, I tried the remove all button, and nothing seems to work. The only thing that works is the Web File Server (but not very practical as I've to delete file by file and it's not yet possible to delete one folder in just one step).

If you need some detail from my configuration/DNS-323 just ask by private email...

ats65

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2008, 08:24:18 PM »

I tried the disk reformat.  After formatting, the drive has the BT directory and a .system file.  This is before I ran the bit torrent from the Easy Search.  The BT directory is not accessible from the PC.  I had a second NAS that had a couple of completed downloads.  I cleared the torrent files from the web access page.  The torrents were deleted but I could not delete the downloaded files in the complete directory from the PC.   Definitely there is a bug with firmware v1.05.   ???

ats65

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2008, 04:53:08 AM »

ECF: Have you been able to reproduce the problem?  I can reproduce the problem consistently on my unit.  I tried reformatting, reset to factory default, single drive, etc.  The problem just stay with the unit.  Now the unit does not seem to power down the hard drive.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2008, 01:46:58 PM »

I have not been able to replicate this issue. This is very strange I cannot seem to find what causes this to happen on some peoples units it does not happen here.

ats65

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2008, 11:18:08 AM »

I wonder if it is because when I first installed the bit torrent, the server would not run.  I found out the problem was caused by installing bit torrent with two standard drives in the DNS-323.  Once the second drive is removed, I reinstall bit torrent and the bit torrent server will run fine even after I put back the second drive.  But then I discovered I could not delete any files in the BT directory on both drives.  The BT directory got created on the second drive when I installed bit torrent the first time.  Wonder if you can test this procedure with your NAS.  I believe you will then see the problem.

sohlican

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2008, 07:11:24 PM »

The BT port settings doesn't hold after power cycling the unit! :(

Goose

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2008, 06:43:14 PM »

The BT port settings doesn't hold after power cycling the unit! :(
Confirmed. This is bad.  :'(

iampedro

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2008, 06:21:03 AM »

I have not been able to replicate this issue. This is very strange I cannot seem to find what causes this to happen on some peoples units it does not happen here.

I too can't seen to be able to delete bit torrent files after they have been downloaded.  Is this what you are talking about?
Pages: 1 [2] 3