• March 28, 2024, 01:02:01 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Selecting Video for Playback Easier than it First Appears  (Read 1875 times)

ReverendTed

• Level 3 Member
Selecting Video for Playback Easier than it First Appears
« on: February 09, 2014, 02:46:43 PM »

Perhaps I'm the only one, but I was a bit frustrated trying to view specific segments of recorded video on my DNR-202L.  I tried clicking, double-clicking, and right-clicking in the timeline but could only get the video to play from the beginning of the selected day.  I was sure that clicking on a motion event would select that event, but nope.  The fact that clicking on the timeline updated the Preview window just added to my confusion.
The bars in the timeline seemed to suggest 15-minute increments, but that didn't seem to match up exactly with the time displayed in the drop-downs, so selecting the time from the drop-down was imprecise.  The Manual (once I found a copy of it) wasn't entirely clear on the process.

Then today I happened to click and drag in the timeline (for some reason) and voila!

So, if you only want to view a specific chunk of video - click and drag to select it in the timeline.