• March 28, 2024, 05:52:17 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: 2330L green hue  (Read 3301 times)

RiverWay

• Level 1 Member
2330L green hue
« on: January 02, 2015, 10:31:55 AM »

I purchased a DCS-2330L. It had a bad green hue across the images, except for the center 20% of the screen area. I tried many variations of white balance and exposure modes, to no avail. With ICR off, it was obvious that what appears as green patches in color mode are actually dark areas across the image that are being interpreted in color mode as green. The green hue was particularly bad on the left and right sides of the image. This is all true for video and snapshots.

I returned and exchanged the camera. The new camera does the same thing, though not quite as bad as the first camera. I reduced saturation to 65 from the default 128, which has helped - but this does not make things right. For comparison, color is fine on three other D-Link cameras (different models).

Direct images retrieved from the camera are dominated by the variable green hue and are actually awful even with saturation set to 65. The discoloration is blatant when pointing the camera at a white wall or surface. My other D-Link cams show what is there - a clean white surface, no color aberrations. Light source type does not matter on the 2330L:  indoors, outdoors, fluorescent, etc., the green discoloration is there. I suspect this may be related to the protective outdoor lens on the front of the camera, but I have no way of verifying this.

In a 2330L review on the web, the demo photos had the same green problem, but without comment by the reviewer. (But he also claimed the power cord was permanently fixed to the camera, so he was not paying attention to anything.)

Has anyone else seen this green problem? I am tempted to return this camera and acquire a different D-Link model that I already have experience with...

Also, does anyone know what the purpose of White Balance "Push Hold" is? I was hoping that it would be a manual white balance calibration that would correct such an issue, but I do not see that push hold does anything meaningful.

RiverWay

• Level 1 Member
Re: 2330L green hue
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 02:23:50 PM »

The awful green color tainting the image in the 2330L has been resolved in Firmware Version 1.02.05 (download from the Canadian site).

RiverWay

• Level 1 Member
night view also improved
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 08:31:09 PM »

Also, there has been a dramatic improvement in the night view on the 2330L. Using external infrared, the night view was previously a dingy gray, heavily striated and pixelated. Now, using firmware v. 1.02.05, night quality is greatly improved. The 2330L image quality, day and night, is now on par with the 2132L. Thank you to the D-Link engineers for figuring out how to resolve these issues.

Now... how to deal with the erratic wireless H.264 feed (1-second-cycle freezes) from the 2330L - fix this, and the camera will be perfect. In the same location, the 2132L does not have this issue.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: 2330L green hue
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 11:59:48 AM »

Thank you for the feedback (and outlining the improvements) for the latest FW build. ;)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC