• March 28, 2024, 04:38:38 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Active Directory Problem with DNS-343  (Read 4384 times)

bweber12

• Level 1 Member
Active Directory Problem with DNS-343
« on: August 04, 2012, 07:10:57 AM »

Just started working for a client that has a DNS-343.  They have had the unit for about a year and the issue they are having is every time they sync it with active directory it drops it connection every night.  They can come in the next day and sync the unit back with active directory and it will work all day then drop again that night.  Has anyone had this issue or have an idea on how to fix it. 

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Active Directory Problem with DNS-343
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 09:53:31 AM »

Just started working for a client that has a DNS-343.  They have had the unit for about a year and the issue they are having is every time they sync it with active directory it drops it connection every night.  They can come in the next day and sync the unit back with active directory and it will work all day then drop again that night.  Has anyone had this issue or have an idea on how to fix it. 

What firmware version is the DNS-343 using? There were AD related fixes in subsequent firmware versions. You can see the cumulative firmware release notes here: http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=48344.0
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

bweber12

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 06:08:51 AM »

I have looked into the firmware and they are running the newest version of the firmware.  After seeing all the ADS fixes I thought that was the solution till I saw they are running 1.05.  So that's not an option.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 10:03:44 AM »

If AD drops the DNS-343 at the same time every night (assuming you can zero-in on the time), then you can see if there are any scheduled nightly jobs or tasks that may be causing the issue.  :-\

bweber12

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 05:52:50 PM »

I asked the client that too.  He said it would drop before he runs all his backups.  What I haven't had him try is turning everything off for one night and see if it holds.  Maybe for some strange reason the backups and shadow copies he does causes the unit to drop.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 04:54:49 AM »

The fact that this issue has daily recurrences leads me to believe there is a trigger external to the DNS-343. You seem to be on the right track by eliminating potential triggers to see if the issue corrects itself.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 06:28:21 AM by JavaLawyer »