The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DCS-825L

DCS-825L - Firmware Wishlist

(1/18) > >>

JavaLawyer:
The following DCS-825L Firmware Wishlist contains the collective contribution of the DCS-825L D-Link forum community. This wishlist contains firmware suggestions provided by the forum community and may not reflect actual changes to current or future D-Link firmware releases. If you would like to contribute to this list, please post your suggestions as a reply to this thread.

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-825L Wishlist

[*]TBD
[/list]

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

[*]TBD
[/list]

bnuff:
Add the ability to connect to an NTP server or put a button on the front screen which is visible if the camera date/time is more than a few minutes out from that of the viewing device.  A baby camera needs to be moved around the house as the child is moved, so the camera has to be turned off each time.  It takes 30 seconds to synchronize the camera with an android device.

JavaLawyer:

--- Quote from: bnuff on January 07, 2014, 03:39:20 PM ---Add the ability to connect to an NTP server

--- End quote ---

Added to firmware wishlist. . . ;)

JavaLawyer:
The following DCS-825L Firmware Wishlist contains the collective contribution of the DCS-825L D-Link forum community. This wishlist contains firmware suggestions provided by the forum community and may not reflect actual changes to current or future D-Link firmware releases. If you would like to contribute to this list, please post your suggestions as a reply to this thread.

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-825L Wishlist

[*]Settings - Synch date/time with NTP server

[/list]

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

[*]TBD
[/list]

bnuff:
After posting the request for NTP functionality  I noticed that in the latest firmware update there was

New Feature] Enable NTP sync function with server “ntp1.dlink.com” as default

I am on the latest firmware and this doesn't work at the moment.  Obviously someone at DLink has thought about this but like many other features it hasn't actually been translated into reliable working code. 

My router (BT Home Hub 3a) does have a firewall but it does not stop NTP requests outbound.
I have tested ntp1.dlink.com using NTPTool from my home network which does show it as a valid NTP server.

This points to it being an issue on the camera itself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version