• March 26, 2024, 10:19:47 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Camera's Clicking  (Read 40296 times)

jbbar@ymail.com

• Level 1 Member
Camera's Clicking
« on: March 06, 2014, 05:08:06 AM »

I have a number of 5020's and they all seem to have a period of clicking. There doesn't appear to be anything happening with the camera. But periodically I hear one or the other of them clicking frequently. Any others having this issue and is it something that will be fixed in time. Quite annoying actually.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Camera's Clicking
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 05:30:54 AM »

I haven't personally experienced this issue with my DCS-5020L. Does the clicking occur when the camera transitions between Day and Night mode? If this is the case, then it's the IR Cut Filter engaging/disengaging and is considered normal.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

jbbar@ymail.com

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 06:35:47 PM »

It is not a solitary click it is a number randomly spaced but about 5-10 seconds apart for up to 10 minutes. I don't think it is related to the day/night transition as I hear camera's clicking in the middle of night. For the most part I have the IR turn to day mode anyway. As the camera's are behind glass they are useless with the IR shining anyway but without IR they will at least let me see lights outside.

geeksquadofun

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 04:48:35 AM »

Mine also makes that clicking sound and would like to know why... I figured it may be the rotation mechanism or something...

Curious minds want to know.  ???

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 05:29:00 AM »

Mine also makes that clicking sound and would like to know why... I figured it may be the rotation mechanism or something...

Curious minds want to know.  ???

The only audio you should hear through the live stream related to the pan/tilt motor is a whirring sound when the camera is in motion. If the pan/tilt functionality is not in use, there should be no sound other than the sound captured from the room itself.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 05:32:33 AM »

It is not a solitary click it is a number randomly spaced but about 5-10 seconds apart for up to 10 minutes. I don't think it is related to the day/night transition as I hear camera's clicking in the middle of night. For the most part I have the IR turn to day mode anyway. As the camera's are behind glass they are useless with the IR shining anyway but without IR they will at least let me see lights outside.

Mine also makes that clicking sound and would like to know why

Is this something that's always been happening since you purchased the DCS-5020L? Try another power source to rule out electrical interference. Also, try using a wired connection to rule out environmental factors that may be interfering with wireless.

ReverendTed

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 12:01:00 PM »

To clarify: is the clicking something you only hear on the audio feed, or do you hear the camera itself making a clicking noise if you stand next to it?

geeksquadofun

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2014, 07:38:51 AM »

The clicking sound comes from the camera itself not the feed.

It's been doing that since I've had it - 1 year ago.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2014, 08:17:35 AM »

I suggest manually engaging the Day/Night modes so you can hear the noise generated during the transition and determine if that sound is the same or different from the clicking you've been observing. Performing this test can rule out the day/night mode transitioning if the clicking sound is different.

skooter

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 07:50:01 PM »

My DCS-5020L makes the same clicking sound (usually ~4 clicks) while transitioning between day/night mode. The clicking noise sounds like a relay engaging/disengaging. It’s pretty loud; I can hear it throughout the house.

Skooter

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2014, 05:00:02 AM »

My DCS-5020L makes the same clicking sound (usually ~4 clicks) while transitioning between day/night mode. The clicking noise sounds like a relay engaging/disengaging. It’s pretty loud; I can hear it throughout the house.

Skooter

DCS-9XX - My Camera Makes A Clicking Sound When Switching Between Day/Night Mode

niteowl

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 02:17:27 PM »

I have 2 DSC-5020Ls and both of them make the same clicking noise (the cameras).  It really doesn't sound right & since I recently purchased these, I'm wondering if this is a defect requiring a return to Amazon,, uncertain whether your link on the DCS - 9XX applies since it doesn't appear to be the same model camera.

update: the clicking noises also were accompanied by the cameras turning themselves whenever they wanted.  I had to unplu and replug each affected camera everytime this happened.  been in touch with dlink techs & they had me reset all 3 cameras (they already had the latest firmware updates).  the next question on their list was to ensure my firmware was up to date on my arris motorola cable wifi router.  I contacted arris motorola & was informed that my cable company does that, not them.  however, as I explained my problem he suggested I get in my router panel & under the wifi tab select channel selection from auto to manual & play with the different channels.  it was set at (auto) channel 6 & I went to 11, then 10 and went down some more until the problem stopped (now for 3 days keeps fingers crossed).

yes the clicking sound was the camera going from day to nite and vice versa but they were multiple clicks,, sometimes 5 or 10 times,, not right.  the clicking has now stopped to the one click now changing over & none of the cameras have turned themselves off.  hope this helps.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 07:50:26 AM by niteowl »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2014, 04:44:37 AM »

I have 2 DSC-5020Ls and both of them make the same clicking noise (the cameras).  It really doesn't sound right & since I recently purchased these, I'm wondering if this is a defect requiring a return to Amazon,, uncertain whether your link on the DCS - 9XX applies since it doesn't appear to be the same model camera.

In your particular case, does the clicking occur only when the camera is switching between Day Mode and Night Mode? If this is the case, then the sound is normal. I own the DCS-932L and DCS-5020L and both cameras make that telltale sound when transitioning between day/night mode.

cmillar6

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2014, 07:25:52 PM »

My DCS-5020L started making the clicking sound today as well. Went on for a couple hours and unplugging it and rebooting didn't solve it. Its set to always day mode yet the clicking sounds to be the camera switching between night and day mode yet it isn't. This is either a firmware bug or the electronic mechanism that switches between night and day mode is going bad. Going to contact D-Link tomorrow about a replacement since mine is only a few months old.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2014, 04:31:37 AM »

Any update on this? Is the camera switching between day/night mode?
Pages: [1] 2 3