• March 29, 2024, 02:19:52 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DSM-310 freezes up in the configuration menu screen.  (Read 5201 times)

bktchj

• Level 2 Member
DSM-310 freezes up in the configuration menu screen.
« on: January 04, 2013, 05:49:28 AM »

my friend just bought the MovieNite from a nearby store. and due to much excitement and also the fact that my place is just a few steps away from that store, we tested it on my TV. we thought all is well because we were able to watch Netflix and YouTube, but when we decided to explore the device further (curiosity sucks sometimes :D ), we went to that gear-something icon on the upper right panel of the screen. And when we got there, the menu froze, like we could not select another option from the menu. I thought it was just the battery of the remote so we replaced with new ones but it was still doing the same thing!

So we decided to bring it to his place coz i thought it was just my TV (but it was not that old! anyways..) we setup the device, connected to his wireless network and watched some good YouTube.. we again went to the configuration settings and THE SCREEN STILL FROZE AS SOON AS WE GET TO THAT SETTINGS SCREEN..

anybody here who experienced this problem?  ???
Yi-Pee-Ki-Yay

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DSM-310 freezes up in the configuration menu screen.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 06:45:46 AM »

Have you installed the latest firmware?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

bktchj

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 07:01:25 AM »

Have you installed the latest firmware?

we haven't done that because as soon as we got into the configuration settings, we could proceed further. and we also learned that there is a restore to factory option on the device as we checked on the manual but we still cannot go that option. i am starting to persuade the owner to just leave it as it is for now since the main purpose of the device (stream videos online) is working :D
Yi-Pee-Ki-Yay

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 07:25:34 AM »

So if you can't get to the firmware update screen or factory reset screen then you will be left with a bricked device if something else goes wrong, since there's no way to recover.  Given the close proximity of the place of purchase, have you considered returning the unit for a replacement?

bktchj

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 08:17:34 AM »

So if you can't get to the firmware update screen or factory reset screen then you will be left with a bricked device if something else goes wrong, since there's no way to recover.  Given the close proximity of the place of purchase, have you considered returning the unit for a replacement?

Well, that would be the last option.. We'll do that tomorrow maybe.. Thanks for the response!
Yi-Pee-Ki-Yay

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 08:29:40 AM »

No problem. Again, if the product is defective, I would swap it out for a new one. As I pointed out, you seem to have no means of either updating the firmware or resetting the unit.