• March 28, 2024, 06:25:21 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS942L configuration via mydlink.com  (Read 2347 times)

zeabee

• Level 1 Member
DCS942L configuration via mydlink.com
« on: January 20, 2014, 11:40:26 AM »

Hi!

I'm a complete rookie here, so please excuse my ignorance if my questions have been asked before.

I just bought a DCS942L camera which I intend to use for surveillance of my home. I already got a DCS932L which I've been using for 6 months now, but I'm fed up with receiving all the false positive motion detection triggers due to using the camera for detection, so I thought I'll give it a try with a PIR enabled camera...

I've been playing around with the setup options in mydlink.com and got a couple of questions for you guys:

1. When configuring motion detection, you are required to specify a detection area - why? When I want to use the PIR for motion detection, a detection area doesn't make sense. This is used for detection by camera only, right?

2. The "sensitivity" field applies to motion detection by camera only, right?

3. Somehow I keep receiving push notifications on the mydlink lite app on my iPhone even though I've disabled them in the app. Is there somewhere else I need to disable them?