• March 28, 2024, 02:13:43 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DVR-MS will not play at all. MPEG2s have no audio  (Read 4112 times)

tshaff09

• Level 1 Member
DVR-MS will not play at all. MPEG2s have no audio
« on: February 10, 2009, 05:39:01 PM »

We record into DVR-MS, which will not play at all..black screen. Also have tried MPEG2 files from many different sources, and video is fine but no audio. All files are watchable on several different computers.

Are any firmware upgrades in the works?

fccgrant

• Level 2 Member
Re: DVR-MS will not play at all. MPEG2s have no audio
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 10:05:19 AM »

I don't know if DVR-MS files ever worked.  Check avsforum.com and you'll see many postings of this issue.  We'll have to wait and see what the ECF has to say.

As to the audio...I would check to see if your DSM is setup for digial or analog. 

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 01:32:12 PM »

You must use the low quality setting in MCE when recording TV to create your DVR-ms video file in order for them to playback however you may experience the audio out of sync with the video. We are working to resolve this issue in the next firmware release.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

tshaff09

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 04:06:00 PM »

Thanks for the info. I checked out AVS Forum. Somebody on there seems to think there will be no more Firmware updates for DSM 520.