The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > Other D-Link Products

i Cant view connected clients in Dlink Dir 853 Router

(1/3) > >>

usman15:
This is what i only get when i click on connected clients "you can block a device from accessing your network completely"
can any one help me out with this ?

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

* What Hardware version is your router? Look at sticker under the router case.
* Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the routers web page under status.
* What region are you located?
Internet Service Provider and Modem Configurations

* What ISP Service do you have? Cable or DSL?
* What ISP Modem Mfr. and model # do you have?
What browser are you using? Try IE11, FF or Opera?
Post a screen capture of what your seeing?
 Adding Screenshots In A Post

lx5:

--- Quote from: usman15 on September 07, 2018, 04:44:45 AM ---This is what i only get when i click on connected clients "you can block a device from accessing your network completely"

--- End quote ---

Do not believe that model DIR-853 was released in USA.
(DLink USA support pages do not list it...)

Nevertheless, should you still be seeking assistance - then perhaps the following will be of help to you:
1. For product information published via another official DLink support website (includes manual and Quick Information Guide)
http://www.dlinktw.com.tw/techsupport/search.aspx?m=DIR-853
2. For firmware update: enter model number on this official DLink support page:
https://tsd.dlink.com.tw/downloads2008detail.asp
As of today [Dec 2018] this lists firmware for "DIR-853 A1 FW v1.02" and " DIR-853 A2 FW v1.02"

Intriguingly, the DIR-853 unit that I encountered did was hardware A3 (not listed on TW webpage).
This unit did not offer a mechanism (via GUI) to backup the config or firmware on the unit. Perhaps someone did not want their modified firmware from being replaced...?!?

FurryNutz:
All FW for Rev A models are applicable and supported. So Rev A3 FW can use Rev A1 and A2 FW.

--- Quote from: lx5 on December 29, 2018, 03:54:13 AM ---
--- Quote from: usman15 on September 07, 2018, 04:44:45 AM ---This is what i only get when i click on connected clients "you can block a device from accessing your network completely"

--- End quote ---

Do not believe that model DIR-853 was released in USA.
(DLink USA support pages do not list it...)

Nevertheless, should you still be seeking assistance - then perhaps the following will be of help to you:
1. For product information published via another official DLink support website (includes manual and Quick Information Guide)
http://www.dlinktw.com.tw/techsupport/search.aspx?m=DIR-853
2. For firmware update: enter model number on this official DLink support page:
https://tsd.dlink.com.tw/downloads2008detail.asp
As of today [Dec 2018] this lists firmware for "DIR-853 A1 FW v1.02" and " DIR-853 A2 FW v1.02"

Intriguingly, the DIR-853 unit that I encountered did was hardware A3 (not listed on TW webpage).
This unit did not offer a mechanism (via GUI) to backup the config or firmware on the unit. Perhaps someone did not want their modified firmware from being replaced...?!?

--- End quote ---

kar200:

--- Quote from: FurryNutz on December 29, 2018, 10:23:29 AM ---All FW for Rev A models are applicable and supported. So Rev A3 FW can use Rev A1 and A2 FW.

--- End quote ---

Hi there and thanks for the info (I have been looking online for quite sometime to check if this is possible.

I have the same model and I believe it has been designed for a single ISP for the moment (REV A3).

I am tried to flash different version of the DIR-853 but they all fail through the web interface. When I check the logs the updater checks the uboot and says it's incorrect and does not let me flash it.

I have to say that this version of the firmware is completely crippled by dlink (I am sure its by request for the ISP). Therefore there is no DLNA, no torrent client, no telnet, and a lot more features not availble.

I have been trying for hours to access the emergency room and I tried every combination possible and running wireshark at the same time to see if there is any clue about other flashing methods (like tftp).

I have been through the posts here regarding the recovery methods and i cannot figure out a way to access the recovery method.

I even contacted Dlink directly and they said that since its a project dedicated for that particular ISP they cannot provide me even with the correct firmware image (not avalble on the dlink website either).

If anyone has something else I could try to flash a different firmware please let me know.

Thanks

K.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version