D-Link Enterprise > DGS-3620-Series

DLINK WEB SMART SWITCHES

(1/2) > >>

faa:
Dear Colleagues,

In our corporate office environment, we intend to segment our network due the high number of visitors we receive, and thus the need to have a guest VLAN/WIFI network for them.

Our switches are the unmanaged models and thus we intend to change them in order to create a different Guest WLAN.

Our access points as well are old dlink and linksys models and thus am not sure if we need to change them as well.

My questions are this

Do the Dlink web smart switches allow the creation o***uest vlan or a guest WLAN? Or we have to purchase the fully managed switches?
Will we require to change the Wireless Access Points as well? Or for us to have the guest wireless network does the wifi Accesspoint require to support multiple SSID's.
What other requirements or measures should we take to achieve this?

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

* What region are you located?Do you have a link to these Web Smart Switches you interested in or have a model # that your interested in?

D-Link does have smart switches that have VLAN configuration features.

faa:

--- Quote from: FurryNutz on April 28, 2016, 07:59:08 AM ---Link>Welcome!

* What region are you located?Do you have a link to these Web Smart Switches you interested in or have a model # that your interested in?

D-Link does have smart switches that have VLAN configuration features.

--- End quote ---

Yes, the model is DLINK - DES-3200-28P 24 PORT

Also my other question was whether the dlink websmart switches support guest wifi network creation and whether there is need to change the access points as well.

and the DLINK DES-3200-52 - 48 PORT

FurryNutz:
What region are you located?

You can consult the use manual to see if there is a guest user configuration support however most guest wireless configurations are done on DAPs, not LAN switches.

faa:
Yes, we got the switches fully managed.

Could someone guide me on the following points.

Whats the procedure of configuring the switches such that the guest wifi is in a a different VLAN and clients connected to it get a different set of IP address.

and they cannot access the corporate network

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version