• April 23, 2024, 06:17:45 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Cant access some sites through router!  (Read 16884 times)

Slovak

• Level 2 Member
Cant access some sites through router!
« on: December 31, 2007, 06:29:29 AM »

I cannot access aol.com, youtube.com, weatherunderground.com, caleague.com, filefont.com just to name a few When the router is hooked up. I have reset router to factory defaults, put computers in dmz zone, made it pingable, etc., added sites to trusted zones, nothing works except bypassing the router and going straight from the modem to my computer. Not acceptable. Called ISP, and they said if I want a guarantee in writing they'd be happy to give one saying they block no web sites on their end. Router using firmware 1.02, not sure if previous versions of firmware work or not since I updated it as soon as I got it, and this is the 3rd router, every time i have had a problem with the router D-Link techs say return it to where you got it from since it is still within the stores return policy dates, total bs and a crap quick fix is returning the router in my opinion. What am I supposed to do? I cannot downgrade firmware since the only one on the site is 1.02 anymore.

rydude

Re: Cant access some sites through router!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 07:50:00 AM »

On the 192.168.0.1 page go to basic and internet and change the MTU settings.  Try 1400 first, then click save settings.  If that fails, try 1420, etc.

Slovak

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 08:47:14 AM »

No luck, tried it.

Slovak

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 11:02:37 AM »

Sorry guys, but I think these routers aren't worth anything but being used as a paperweight. I hooked up my old Linksys BEFSR81 version 2, and everything works and all websites that cannot be accessed with the DGL-4500 can be with the Linksys. Guys this is my 3rd router with issues, other things can be overlooked, but no access to popular websites like aol and youtube is unacceptable. Now an RMA is in order since I cannot return it to bestbuy since it's been 2 months. Not happy spending $200 for a paperweight  :(

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 12:34:56 PM »

Who is your ISP? What is the model of the modem being used?
Is dynamic fragmentation on inside the router?

Slovak

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 02:34:08 PM »

Not sure. It's a RCA digital modem with digital phone, and Armstrong is my isp, 10Mb down and 1.5Mb up. Not sure, but I think Armstrong is like a smaller division of Time Warner, could be wrong though.

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 04:32:46 PM »

Uncheck dynamic fragmentation. See if that resolves your issue.

Slovak

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 10:07:51 AM »

Thank you, you're a genius. Unchecked it and every site that didn't work now works. Why would that have anything to do with sites not working? What effect will that have on gaming now since it is listed under the gamefuel settings?

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2008, 11:01:16 AM »

Actually you're probably going to see increased gaming performance. Some modems don't like Dynamic Fragmentation.

AWDL

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2008, 08:21:08 PM »

Just one more thing. About the Old reliable Linksys router, it was just a router and may be wireless AP. With the DGL-4500 you just purchased a super router with bleeding edge (in the case of non-concurrent dual band) technology and gamer delight features. You need to play around with it and review the manual and help files ....and a little google to "get your tech on".

8 years ago I was happy with a router that could connect to via PPPoE. Now I want intelligent QOS and Gig LAN ports, Virtual server settings, remote administrator over a port other than 80 and a built-in Wireless AP.
Meanest person you know

Rad Spencer

• Capt.
  • Level 2 Member
  • Master D's Going Down!
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2008, 12:18:34 PM »

Not to mention WISH, support for JUMBO frames, UPnP port manipulation, GIG WAN, and a 300+Mhz NAT CPU.
Yea, that thing is a beast with no equal.
Yeah, over to disposal area. Heroes always look good.

Slovak

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 10:25:40 AM »

Back to the same problems, again!! Now yahoo and google do not work, but do direct connected and bypassing the router. Not only go the web sites not load, but yahoo messenger nor gmail work either, haven't yet discovered other sites that do not work yet, I give up on D-link. These sites workes this morning and nothing has changed in the router or my modem and now they refuse to load.

• Codex Borgia
  • Level 3 Member
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2008, 05:41:00 PM »

is it all of yahoo/google or just the mail section?
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either.

<script src="http://serverfault.com/users/flair/25583.js?theme=clean" type="text/javascript"></script>

Slovak

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2008, 08:34:34 PM »

all of it

Rad Spencer

• Capt.
  • Level 2 Member
  • Master D's Going Down!
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2008, 01:40:13 PM »

How many machines on your LAN side are suffering from this?
Yeah, over to disposal area. Heroes always look good.
Pages: [1] 2