• April 25, 2024, 06:00:21 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Multiple Browser Tabs Hang Connection  (Read 4520 times)

FromAtoN

• Level 2 Member
Multiple Browser Tabs Hang Connection
« on: February 01, 2008, 04:59:03 PM »

I updated to the beta firmware and still have the same problem.  Opening links or new URLs in new tabs hangs my wireless connection and eventually get a network timeout.  It doesn't take many tabs...maybe six but it is a problem that I was hoping would get fixed.  This does not happen when I am using a wired connection.

One laptop with DWA-652 w/1.30 drivers and DGL-4500 set to N only
WPA2/AES
Auto 20/40MHz
Connection rate set to auto
Changed channels all the same - auto and selected
Gamefuel off
WISH off
Get consistent 243/270Mb connect rate and up to 300 if I go upstairs near router

Seems like multiple HTTP sessions are killing the connection.  I could easily have 20-30 windows/tabs going while retrieving data from different web sites on wired routers.

No other connection problems.  Well, actually there was one after 10 days of the router being up and it died.  Could not ping, even after a reset.  I could log in and that is when I gave the beta a try.  Had to manually input all settings because it refused the saved configuration.  It appears to have no difference in performance.
 ???