• March 28, 2024, 01:45:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: 320L and FTP  (Read 29470 times)

philphil61

• Level 3 Member
320L and FTP
« on: February 10, 2016, 02:32:41 PM »

I need to be able to use FTP externally and LAN but I just can't figure it all out.

Components
320L
DBPower WiFi HD Camera
Virgin Media router

I need to setup everything so that my security cam can FTP to 320L and I can access folders externally.  For some this will easy for me I've tried this and that but I keep failing then leaving it a few days and trying something else but don't have the knowledge or expertise to check where it's all going wrong.

I'm screaming for help guys (n gals) and will offer a financial reward ($20 approx via donation/paypal/amazon email voucher) if needed to any member (must have been active member of the forum for >6months) who connects via Teamviewer - checkes my router, 320L and sets up my DBPower WiFi HD Camera.

Please pm me if you're willing to assist

Thanks

Manul

• Level 2 Member
Re: 320L and FTP
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 12:11:38 AM »

If nobody takes you up on the offer, we could still try to walk you through the process via the forum. I'd be happy to help as best as I can.

I'd suggest taking on each step separately. First of all, are you sure your camera supports uploading via FTP? Is the manual online anywhere? I'm currently looking into using a similar cam as a security camera so I'd be interested to learn of your experiences. From my research so far, it looks like most of these cams don't support connecting to existing WiFi networks and thus will never be able to do FTP uploads to your 320L. I might be wrong though. And even if I'm right, we might find a way to get one of your devices to download the cam's recordings.

philphil61

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 05:41:14 AM »

If nobody takes you up on the offer, we could still try to walk you through the process via the forum. I'd be happy to help as best as I can.

I'd suggest taking on each step separately. First of all, are you sure your camera supports uploading via FTP? Is the manual online anywhere? I'm currently looking into using a similar cam as a security camera so I'd be interested to learn of your experiences. From my research so far, it looks like most of these cams don't support connecting to existing WiFi networks and thus will never be able to do FTP uploads to your 320L. I might be wrong though. And even if I'm right, we might find a way to get one of your devices to download the cam's recordings.
Thanks

This is the camera http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B015W1ZH18?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

From reviews
By kobyrne on 20 Dec. 2015
FTP works very well letting you specify your FTP server with a login and password and path for where you want stuff sent. The cam will send snapshots as well as video clips (AVI) to the FTP as a motion detected alarm and you can specify sensitivity, length of video clip etc.

The instructions/manual is pretty basic and can't find online.

This is screen capture for port forward from router (Virgin Media ISP)

The IP is my 320L NAS

This is 320L FTP Server

« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 05:43:29 AM by philphil61 »

Manul

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 06:36:31 AM »

In a hurry right now, so just a quick guess: Have you tried enabling port forwarding for the passive mode port range (55536..55663) on your router? Not sure what the camera uses, but it's worth a try.

philphil61

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 09:37:11 AM »

In a hurry right now, so just a quick guess: Have you tried enabling port forwarding for the passive mode port range (55536..55663) on your router? Not sure what the camera uses, but it's worth a try.

Thanks for this.  I can now share folders/files via Filezilla externally - tested via Teamviewer, connected to nephews laptop (some 6 miles away) connected via dynamic dns and was able to download files... brilliant  ;)

Using same dynamic dns I setup IPCam as per image

If I change port it fails to connect but with port 21 (still open via router and via 320L NAS then only error seems to be with permissions - "Failed to delete file" yet I've tried media and new folder on Vol 1

Manul

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 12:28:30 AM »

Sounds like it could be a permissions problem. Have you checked the account settings for the username/password combination you're using? Are you using the same credentials when accessing the DNS-320L via filezilla? Can you upload files, create folders, and delete files from filezilla?

philphil61

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2016, 05:51:27 PM »

Sounds like it could be a permissions problem. Have you checked the account settings for the username/password combination you're using? Are you using the same credentials when accessing the DNS-320L via filezilla? Can you upload files, create folders, and delete files from filezilla?

Thanks Manul

I have confirmed the following
Accessing via external using Filezilla I can create and delete both folders and files on the 320L
I've checked and double and triple checked the dynamic dns, the account id & password, the SSL etc and I still get the same error

I now believe the firmware on the DBPower IP Cam to be useless - one or two reviews on Amazon expressed concerns but I took the chance

Thanks again to you and a few others for taking the time to help - it is greatly appreciated

Manul

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2016, 12:27:57 AM »

One last idea: Have you tried to use forward (/) instead of backward (\) slashes for the path? The DNS-320L is Linux based, so forward slashes would be its native path separator. What happens if you just leave the Path field blank in the camera's setup?

And just to make sure: You're using the same username/password combination for the cam and filezilla, aren't you?

chappers80

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2017, 06:04:29 AM »

Right I am a newbie and as some may have noticed struggled with certain aspects of the NAS as Im not too techy. Anyway I have at times had the FTP working which is perfect while I am at work but then it will just stop working and I have no idea why. Can anyone help!? This is my log on filezilla:

Status:   Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Command:   USER ben
Response:   331 Any password will work
Command:   PASS *********
Response:   530 Please tell me who you are
Error:   Critical error: Could not connect to server

chappers80

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2017, 03:54:51 AM »

Bump - anyone?

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member