• April 16, 2024, 10:49:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Please help me access settings, no pan and tilt  (Read 4385 times)

astoneface

• Level 1 Member
Please help me access settings, no pan and tilt
« on: June 05, 2015, 09:37:29 AM »

If anyone could please help me I would be so grateful. I have been working on this for days and days. I need to mention that it is a miracle at all that I set these up because I don't know what a port is or a what LAN is and much more, I just kinda figure it out somehow. Please talk to me like I am about 7 years old with this stuff.

I got these cams about 6 months ago and ever since the java update stuff, I haven't been able to access the settings anymore. I'm talking about when you go to the mydlink site and go to the advanced settings. I tried everything that I knew of and could figure out, reinstalled java a million times, allowed it in my browsers, etc. Emailed support tons of times, with no solution. A couple months ago while trying again, the settings popped up ONE tine and I took advantage and quickly set everything I could to auto and I'm glad I did because I never got back in. This is incredibly frustrating. Got a new pan and tilt a few days ago, the 5009l, it worked great until I had to unplug it, when I plugged it back in what do you know the pan and tilt no longer works, or at least it appears that way because I can no longer use pan and tilt in the app. I tried but couldn't find a way to remove the camera and add it again in the app. I am scared to uninstall the app because I am afraid it will never work again. I was able to access the settings for this camera a few times, but not anymore. The few times I got in, java wouldn't allow live video to display so I couldn't edit the presets. One time for some reason it displayed one time so I quickly put in some presets which were cool. However after plugging it back in, no more presets, and no more pan and tilt. Tried to get into settings to see what the hell happened and of course can't get into any settings. Emailed support but they just told me to do things I've already done with regards to java and now they have given up on me I guess because they aren't responding when I tell them it's still not working.

Anyone, please help. I am starting to think the only solution is returning the new camera I got and considering the others losses. I have three, the other two are 932l's.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Please help me access settings, no pan and tilt
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 09:44:04 AM »

What region are you located?

You need to log into the cameras local IP address with a web browser and enable uPnP and uPnP Port Forwarding on ALL cameras. Use IE or FF to do this.
Look at your main host routers DCHP IP address table to see the IP addresses of each camera. You may want to set up static IP addresses for each camera so you know what they are when you need to connect to them:
Info>DHCP

Please review:
Links>mydlink and Browser FAQ
DCS Cloud (L) Series Camera Configuration and Mydlink.com
mydlink.com and Java Application FAQ

Also...
http://www.ghacks.net/2015/04/15/chrome-42-blocks-java-silverlight-other-plugins-by-default-now/
 http://support.dlink.com/FAQView.aspx?f=IlkzRfo0ym7ofWgtMitzCA%3d%3d
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

astoneface

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 10:02:50 AM »

Thank you for your reply. I will do my best here. I'm in the US.
You need to log into the cameras local IP address with a web browser and enable uPnP and uPnP Port Forwarding on ALL cameras. Use IE or FF to do this.
Look at your main host routers DCHP IP address table to see the IP addresses of each camera. You may want to set up static IP addresses for each camera so you know what they are when you need to connect to them:
Info>DHCP

How do I "log into the cameras local IP address with a web browser and enable uPnP and uPnP Port Forwarding on ALL cameras."  Whenever I go to one of my cams ip addresses in a browser, it says "can't establish connection to server"
I've also never been able to access 192.168.0.1 It just says "connection timed out" over and over.

I also tried the NPAPI thing in chrome. several times. Nothing changed.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 11:02:10 AM »

You have to go to the main host routers web page and look at the connected clients table there to see what IP address each camera has when connected to the main host router. Each camera will have a different IP address that will not be 192.168.0.1.

Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.