• March 28, 2024, 05:58:29 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Windows 7 Beta Media center  (Read 3408 times)

HawaiiTom

• Level 1 Member
Windows 7 Beta Media center
« on: January 14, 2009, 06:35:14 PM »

I installed W7 Beta yesterday and so far, I am very impressed. I bought my wife's eMachine, a 3.1 Ghz P4, with XP on it and got the "free" Vista upgrade when it came out. I was smart emough to do a clean, dual boot install. WHAT A DOG! The machine just couldn't handle the "upgrade" Vista, which was the source of a few class-action lawsuits. I recently reformatted the Vista patition to reclaim some space, but then the W7 Beta came along. It works so smoothly on that same machine I am blown away. It found all my drivers, recognizerd my DNS-323 NAS device and starts up and shuts down quickly. As a bonus, Windows Media Center now records in a .wtv format rather than DVR-MS, and the new files actually play on my DSM-520 Media Center. I don't have to upgrade to a DSM-750 after all. W7 is what Vista should have been in the first place, and is finally worth upgrading to from XP

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: Windows 7 Beta Media center
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 09:57:56 AM »

Nice!!!
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream