• May 05, 2024, 06:38:03 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: D-Viewcam and DCS-2121 cam may cost me my job  (Read 10003 times)

koldtoft

• Level 1 Member
D-Viewcam and DCS-2121 cam may cost me my job
« on: January 31, 2010, 05:31:55 AM »

I use D-ViewCam 2.02 to record video from 4 cams in our 2 restaurants.

I am recording video from a DSC-2121, set up in D-viewcam. I can see the live video in D-ViewCam and the red record button is blinking. I assumed it was recording, as I can see the files in the folder (with the camera name) is getting created and growing. (to about 860 MB per file per hour). I also have 2 x DCS-6110 recording in the same software and they work fine. I can watch what I have recorded.

However when I go to “Video search and playback” and try to watch or convert the video files from the DCS-2121 to AVI, it just shows black screen. Even the green “time and date” text, in the top left corner of the video, is not updating properly. At first I taught it was because I was connecting via a remote connection to the PC with D-Viewcam on, but now I have a monitor connected, and it’s the same thing.

The video recording looks like this when i try to play from the DCS-2121

This morning 50.000 Kroner (about 9.000 euro) was stolen from a safe, right in front of the hidden (DCS-2121) camera, and my boss (and the few other co-works who know about the hidden camera) are waiting to see who of our kitchen/service personal, stole the money from the safe.

The video from our DCS-6110 cameras are recording from the same D-Viewcam software installation and saving files of the same (slightly smaller) file size, in a folder RIGHT next to the folder that is suppose to hold the DCS-2121 recordings.

So I have the files (in different sizes) yet I cannot see them or convert them to anything I can see. Please help me. If I cannot produce the video of the thief, I am afraid I will lose my job, as my boss have told me how important it was that this new camera is recording properly, in case this happens. (we got the camera because someone have been stealing stuff)

Please help. If this video recording is not watchable, I am afraid I will lose my job.  :'(

Edit info:
The files are named
S050001624.dvf and S050001624.dvfh (dvf file is aprox 800 MB and the .dvfh file is aprox 1.7 Mb.) It makes one of each + a jpg screenshot every hour. (the jpg is watchable)

Link to files the DCS-2121 recordet (for 1 hour)
http://ktit.dk/images/S100001902.dvf
http://ktit.dk/images/S100001902.dvfh
http://ktit.dk/images/S100001902.jpg

The only one I can get anything from is the jpg.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 05:31:32 AM by koldtoft »

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: D-Viewcam and DCS-2121 cam may cost me my job
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 09:24:17 AM »

Are the recordings only recording a black screen right now as well if you test it? What method of recording is being used and are you using the "Economic Recording" feature?
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

koldtoft

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 01:43:31 AM »

No. The problem was with the D-Viewcam version. Video from DCS-2121 is only viewable in D-Viewcam versions 2.05 and later. After updating to the newest version it works perfectly. Thanks.

Edit. BTW we caught the theif :D

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 01:46:13 PM »

Right on!
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream