• April 16, 2024, 07:02:47 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Wireless Network Adapter issue "the capability of your network adapter ..."  (Read 13303 times)

vinod827

• Level 1 Member

I have an issue with my Intel Wifi link 5100 agn wireless network adapter or with the Router. It does not connect to my wireless router and displays the following error "the capability of your network adapter does not match the requirements of this network"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dell Studio Laptop 15 configuration:-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel Wifi link 5100 agn wireless network adapter Configuration:-

Current Driver version : 12.0.0.1 (Latest driver installed)

Driver signature : 2009

DLink wireless N-Series router :-

Model : DIR-615

Supports : a,b,g,n IEEE 802.11 standards

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem is that it does not work at all if i configure my router with N-standard. But for G-standard it worked for sometime but again it kept on disconnecting.

I tried to update the wireless network adapter drivers but still it does not worked for N-standards.

What other things can i do in my router  inorder to maintain steady wireless connection ? Is it interefering the signalling with other routers around my home ?

I have removed all the hard core security settings like 'filtering by Mac Address', 'SSID invisiblity' ,etc.

Only one security is kept i.e. WPA-Personal encryption but still same problem is there.

I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance

Skello

• Level 3 Member

Are you running on the latest firmware version for your router's hardware revision?

What is your revision - otherwise known (and written on the box) as "H/W Ver." ? And what is your "S/W Ver." or firmware version? It should say in the upper right corner of the web interface.

vinod827

• Level 1 Member

Hardware Version : C1
Firmware Version :  3.11NA

Yes, i did some settings on router like :-

Changed the mode to : g only
Enable Auto Scan : "unchecked"
Channel              : 9 (instead of default 6)
Encryption mode : WPA2 Personal
Encryption type : AES only

It worked for more than half-an-hour but later on stopped. It stopped when another wireless network detected(from neighbourhood). Is this a case of Signal Intereferance ?
If yes, then how to prevent that ?

Skello

• Level 3 Member

Try updating to 3.12NA, which is the latest for your hardware revision. Get it from: ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Gateway/dir615_revC/Firmware/dir615_revC_fw_312NA.zip

Here is the changelog:
¤ Fixed: “User” access issue.
¤ Fixed: Wireless connection issue.
¤ Fixed: DHCP reservation issue.
¤ Fixed: Static IP issue.

vinod827

• Level 1 Member

Hi Skello,
Thanks for your kind support. I have a doubt here. You told me to update the Firmware Version to 3.12NA directly from the FTP link provided.
Does it really required in my router ?

Because whenever i open the router configuration web page on 192.168.0.1 and checks for any New latest firmware version, it does not display anything newer version instead it shows that "This firmware version is latest" (pointing to 3.11NA).
So downloading and upgrading firmware directly from ftp link provided would not create any problem in my router ?
Please help me regarding this.

thanks in advance.

Skello

• Level 3 Member

I gave you a direct link to the file in order to make it easier for you, but I obtained that link from the support site for North America.

Go to support.dlink.com, type DIR-615 in the search box, select the model. Select DIR-615_REVC in the right panel, which is what you have (Rev C1), the click on Firmware. Scroll down and you'll see that the latest is 3.12NA and has a download button, which points to the file in my link.

Now, I don't know why the update check in the interface doesn't work properly, but I doubt it's very accurate. It probably checks a list on some server that hasn't been updated in a while. It's always better to check by yourself using the instructions I described above.

To answer your question, theoretically it shouldn't create any problems and if anything goes wrong there are methods to recover. If the new firmware creates new issues, you can always downgrade back to 3.11NA.

To update the firmware, download the file I linked to to your desktop/laptop. Connect to the router over a WIRED connection (not wireless). Access the interface and go to Tools > Firmware. Under Firmware Upgrade hit Browse, select the file you downloaded and hit upload. Wait for the indicated time then reload the interface. Your settings you made in 3.11NA should be kept in the new firmware version.

G'luck.

vinod827

• Level 1 Member

thank you Skello for explaining me in a much better way. I'll try this and let you know.

vinod827

• Level 1 Member

I update the firmware and done all the default settings but why it does not work on N-mode ?
Still disconnection issues.