• March 28, 2024, 01:35:32 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Operational help...Please  (Read 1827 times)

Panther57

• Level 2 Member
Operational help...Please
« on: March 24, 2015, 01:45:39 PM »

Hello,

I have help questions.. 1st.. I'm thinking desktop programs like 'D-Viewcam are just overkill.. my 192.168... options are the control... or let me ask... only the settings on my 202L are the control? I only have settings for recording from my DCS-5222L and my DCS-2332L there... the 192.168... pages for my cameras have no 'Events'. That leads to question 2..
With the 202L I see no option for optional type recording.. ie: motion that worked fine from my DCS-5222L when PC based... no motion detection works from my DCS-2332L.. I tried set on it's page and no event on the 202L.. there is an area that asks for recording options.. reads 'none'.
I see options for sending me email.. motion, loss, DI Trigger, but I wish this had options for separate camera setting/control.
Question 3.. The 2nd USB option.. I was hoping the second HDD would be for which camera to record files from. Does the addl. hdd just add to the total storage space? I have a 2TB Buffalo plugged in and operational. 

I don't know if the DNR-322L supports the options I ask.. or just wishes for Firmware improvements. Wish, Wish...next FW upgrade? I'm in my 30 day return period (202L) and 90 day on my 2332L.. I want this to work for me, not returns and a different system. I might have to accept that it a record 'all' tool, using the 202L hmmm
Running off PC based.. I could adjust separately.. well.. didn't try motion detection on my 2332L that way.
And finally... does trigger by Passive Infrared Sensor or Sound... a good option vs. Motion? Work better?

Thank you  :) ..for reading and answering my questions.. I decided here first.. if needed tech support. It all started with my 5222L (closing Office Depot great price).. Planning on more cameras.. 2 I think down the road. I can get one of those DVR wired camera systems.. But I'm liking this investment so far and want it to do the job I want. To save on recording... motion, passive infrared.. would be my 1st choice over full time.