• April 26, 2024, 09:20:10 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Incompatible hdmi signal?  (Read 18525 times)

Raycaster

Incompatible hdmi signal?
« on: January 10, 2008, 04:36:40 AM »

I've updated the firmware and run the setup.
I changed the video to hdmi anf it sets the resolution to AUTO.
I've saved the setting and rebooted...

My brand new 42" Sharp Aquios LCD will not show a picture.
It reports the signal is unrecongnizable...

I have 5 other units plugged into the Sharp that all worked 100% right away...

HDMI - CableBox HD PVR - SlingBox HD
HDMI - PC - (DVI-HDMI)
Component - Wii
Component - DVD
S-Video - FTA - SlingBox S-Video

DLINK DSM-520 - S-Video (Have not tried Component, don't want to)

Any suggestions?

randym431

• Level 1 Member
Re: Incompatible hdmi signal?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 02:55:04 AM »

Theres something flakey with the hdmi on the 520. I had to go component.

ratid

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 05:30:29 PM »

was the dsm-520 hooked up to the tv with hdmi or s-video cable prior to the update?
if s-video, thats the probem [prior to the update mine worked no matter which output is cable is chosen]
after the update u have to go connection by connection [meaning hdmi to hdmi or s-v to s-v and so on]
if u dont have a free hdmi input open on ur tv u r out of luck. if this dont make sense, call d-link and cuss, hopefully they will cave and send u a new one. if that fails, return it.

mig520

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 12:14:03 AM »

Hi, I got the Sony 52XBR5 which comes with 3 HDMI input. I hooked for first time today the DSM-520 to the TV and in the screen shows only a messsage of "Unsupported Signal. Check your device output". This happens when I plug to all three inputs from TV. I am using HDMI Cable 1.3 Brand Audioquest model HDMI-X. But if I hook up another device to the tv, it is recognized immediately.

I would appreciate any help if somebody from DLink is looking into this forum. 

PS. DSM-520 has the latest version of firmware which comes the support for Active TV. Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 12:19:55 AM by mig520 »

cpetro

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 12:52:21 PM »

I too am having the same issue with getting and 'unsupported signal' via HDMI. I have the latest firmware update and have a 46" Samsung LNT4665 1080P. Any help would be appreciated. And the HDMI from the unit is hook into HDMI on the TV, straight cable............

NatLoti

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 03:36:07 AM »

There is a known problem with HDMI 1.3 spec TV that DSM-520 doesn't support.  I don't think there is a current solution other than using component

nazdak76

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2008, 09:46:29 AM »

I am able to get the signal (Samsug LT-N4071) however the colors on the screen are way off.  It looks like there is a loose or bad connection.  Had to switch to Component to get the proper colors.

Anyone else experiencing this and is D-link working to resolve the issue with HDMI in general?

Thanks

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 05:42:05 PM »

We are working to get better compatibility with more HDMI hardware connectors available. Currently there are some connectors that just are not compatible and this is the issue with many  HDMI devices and televisions available.     
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

cpetro

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 09:53:20 AM »

Do we have an estimated time line for an update firmware to address the issue? I utilize component cables now, but would love the HDMI to work with my switched receiver.  ;D Thanks.

mhumphri

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2008, 10:20:17 AM »

I have an 19" wide screen PC monitor connected to the DSM-520 using HDMI connection on the dilink and a adapter that converts the DVI on the PC monitor to  HDMI. Most things work great except the active TV.  It does the partial screen thing.  I'm not sure I can connect the PC flat panel monitor in composite.

• Codex Borgia
  • Level 3 Member
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2008, 02:19:02 PM »

I have an 19" wide screen PC monitor connected to the DSM-520 using HDMI connection on the dilink and a adapter that converts the DVI on the PC monitor to  HDMI. Most things work great except the active TV.  It does the partial screen thing.  I'm not sure I can connect the PC flat panel monitor in composite.

I had the same problem with my 520 until i changed the Ratio from 16:9 to 4:3

The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either.

<script src="http://serverfault.com/users/flair/25583.js?theme=clean" type="text/javascript"></script>

banksg

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2008, 09:03:16 AM »

Dlink,

This post was originally created on Jan 10th 08 and it is now 2 months later and people are still seeing issues (who knows how long prior) .  It's not acceptable that a large reputable company like yourselves have not found a solution to this problem!  What's more annoying for the customer is that people have been asking for an ETA and you haven't even provided one.

Come on guys get this problem fixed and more importantly, communicate your plans, don't leave us hanging in the dark getting more and more fustrated.  This is YOUR forum so use it to communicate.

BTW, I use to have a Philips 720p LCD that my HDMI connection worked fine with.  Since upgrading to a Samsung 1080p the HDMI is not working.

mhumphri

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2008, 12:14:37 PM »

I tried the 4x3 with the LCD monitor and that didn't work either.  It works on my old cathode ray 19" computer monitor if I watch active TV on my PC (skirting around the DSM).  It works on the DSM-520 if I feed composite video to the old Cathode ray TV but the picture stinks.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2008, 11:06:47 AM »

We will be releasing firmware 1.06 that will address this issue adding support for HDMI 1.3a this should resolve many HDMI issues.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

cpetro

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2008, 11:09:07 AM »

This is great news! When can we expect that firmware release to hit? Thanks for keeping us updated!
Pages: [1] 2