• April 27, 2024, 02:30:41 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: accessing from internet, not local LAN  (Read 2053 times)

weatheraardvark

• Level 1 Member
    • WeatherAardvark- Des Moines Iowa Weather
accessing from internet, not local LAN
« on: July 24, 2012, 01:58:50 PM »

I recently purchased 2 Foscams  and they use a port forwarding to enable them to be viewed off site.

I do have an app for my Iphone - Dlink lite and I can see my DCS 930L and 932 L with no problems.

My daughter wants to be able to view the Dlink cameras from her computer at her home. I don't want to give out the password to be able to just go to the site and log on. She has a tendency to write her passwords down on paper and leave them on her desk at home...

Anyway,  Is there any way, that I could take either camera of the Dlink and  tell her to log on to that site and that is what she will see.    I can take an image and put it on a webpage for her, but I'd rather have her see something in near real time.  Sometimes she watches our dogs while we are out and about  and then wants to look in at times to be sure.

Anyway,  I do have ports forwarded for the foscam cameras, to dyndns, and just wonder what are my  options, or is this a lost cause.