• April 26, 2024, 11:49:06 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Lost FTP connection  (Read 24807 times)

HSishi

• Level 2 Member
Re: Lost FTP connection
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2011, 09:09:01 AM »

cjmedina has chained routers (which were not chained in the previous "FTP worked" setup) and because of lacking a router with supports DHCP disabling, I can't check my suggestion by myself.

So I described what cjmedina has to do if the router does NOT pass the DHCP requests to the VoIP hardware.

But I get the imagination my suggestions are not welcome :-[ .

Bye.

//Hsishi

cjmedina

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2011, 10:28:04 AM »

On my D-Link DIR-655 I have DHCP set and have selected that none of the IP's be reset.

If I remove the D-Link router from controlling/holding the IP's and trying to see if my VOIP device a Grandsteam VT502 provided to me by my Phonepower service will reassign all my IP's.

I need a work around...

???

fordem

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2011, 12:46:47 PM »

cjmedina has chained routers (which were not chained in the previous "FTP worked" setup) and because of lacking a router with supports DHCP disabling, I can't check my suggestion by myself.[/quote[

I've worked with a lot, and I mean a lot, of routers - both consumer product and enterprise product and I have yet to see a router that does not allow it's DHCP server functionality - whether that functionality be the DHCP client on the WAN side, or the DHCP server on the LAN side - to be disabled.  Consumer product comes with both enabled for ease of installation, enterprise product comes with them disabled - your consultant configures what's required.

So I described what cjmedina has to do if the router does NOT pass the DHCP requests to the VoIP hardware.

And I'm explaining why it won't work - the router is not going to pass the request through.

But I get the imagination my suggestions are not welcome :-[ .

Bye.

//Hsishi

I'm sure cjmedina welcomes your suggestions - I'm just pointing out WHY that particular suggestion WILL NOT work.  Don't take my word for it - go right ahead and prove me wrong -
RAID1 is for disk redundancy - NOT data backup - don't confuse the two.

fordem

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2011, 01:02:55 PM »

On my D-Link DIR-655 I have DHCP set and have selected that none of the IP's be reset.

If I remove the D-Link router from controlling/holding the IP's and trying to see if my VOIP device a Grandsteam VT502 provided to me by my Phonepower service will reassign all my IP's.

I need a work around...

???

I googled GrandStream VT502 and got two hits - one of which led me to a GrandStream HT502 (which I suspect is the same thing - with the VT version being supplied by a VOIP provider called ViaTalk.

Interestingly enough - it seems that ViaTalk's tech support would rather have you put their hardware infront of your router and leave you to figure out how to make your stuff work, that tell you how to get their hardware to work properly behind a router.

Anyway - it would appear that the HT502 acts as a basic router - you should be able to connect a network switch to the LAN port on the 502 and connect your PCs and have them access the internet, and, if you put your DNS-323 on that switch and configure the dyndns client on the DNS-323 to update dyndns, and setup port forwarding on the 502 - you might get the ftp server accessible from the internet.

The only thing you'd be lacking would be wireless access.
RAID1 is for disk redundancy - NOT data backup - don't confuse the two.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]