• March 28, 2024, 04:52:07 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: "Unable to Open File"  (Read 13888 times)

jtmiyake

• Level 1 Member
"Unable to Open File"
« on: December 14, 2010, 09:47:53 PM »

Hello,

Did a search for this topic but not come up with a clear solution.  I have two DSM-520's.  One operates wireless and the other is wired.  Both worked fine at least a year ago.  Both play music just fine.  But, I have a problem now for opening pictures on both of them.  I can navigate through the folders and the list of each picture comes up but when I try to open a picture, I get the error "Unable to Open File".

One question I have is when the firmware update came along.  My system is set to update automatically.  I am wondering if the problem originated from the Firmware update.  If so, how do I fix it.

I have Windows media server set up along with the D-link media server.  I usually use the Windows server.  The D-link media server is now not even listing  my folders correct "No content".  I've refreshed the D-link media server but no luck.

I am running Windows Vista.  I am able to access these files from a laptop.

Why are these things so stubborn.  Any suggestions to resolve my problem?

Thanks,
Jason
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 09:56:38 PM by jtmiyake »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: "Unable to Open File"
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 06:30:06 AM »

Did you try reverting to a prior version of the firmware on one of the two DSM-520s to test whether the firmware is the cause?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

jtmiyake

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 05:13:57 PM »

where would I get the old firmware?

jtmiyake

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 01:34:34 PM »

UPDATE:

I reinstalled "Media Server" and that now works.  For whatever reason the Windows server still has the same problem but not an issue as the D-Link Media Server is working now