• April 18, 2024, 02:49:26 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Remote didnt work  (Read 5574 times)

JCPWorld

• Level 1 Member
Remote didnt work
« on: April 09, 2008, 08:28:57 PM »

I got the dsm-750 last Wednesday and was excited to hook it up.
After connecting it to my tv, found out that it would not respond to the remote.
Went through the red tape, got a cs number, sent all back to dlink (otherwise they would have charged my credit card $350) on Wednesday, dlink received it on Friday.

Now it is next Wednesday and have not received a replacement unit.  In 2 days of calling RMA, first time was told the supervisor was too busy to talk to me.  Second time was told they would have to "test it" for 2 weeks. And call back in 2 weeks for a status.

How come they cant just send me a new box and remote? Then they can take all the time they want testing the defective unit.

I want my DSM-750!!

Anybody out there who can help me?

jebling

Re: Remote didnt work
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 09:05:57 PM »

i find your comments difficult to believe... you must be leaving out important details....most retail stores have a 14 - 30 day return / exchange policy.. and by your own words you just got it a week ago... if you bought it direct from dlink they have a 30 day refund / return / exchange policy see below i just copied and pasted it direct from their site:

https://www.dlinkshop.com/service_info.asp?section=6#1

What is your refund policy?

D-Link is happy to accept returns of purchased items within 30 days of the date of shipment.
D-Link does not issue credit for costs incurred in shipping a returned item
D-Link must receive the returned item within 10 days after an RMA number has been issued. An assigned RMA number is valid for 10 days only and will expire on the 11th day after the date of issuance, at which time any returned products will be refused.
Items should be returned in as-new condition, disassembled, in original packaging with the packing slip, all warranty cards, UPC tags, manuals and accessories in the original shipping carton. Failure to return all original merchandise with accompanying accessories and materials will result in the product being returned without credit and at the expense of the customer.

JCPWorld

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 05:51:54 PM »

I purchased it online. The store couldnt send me a replacement because they were now out-of-stock.
I contacted Dlink because it is their product.  I didnt want a refund....I wanted a working replacement.

A RMA supervisor did email me to say that once they have in stock again, they will ship out a replacement.

By the way, I did follow their RMA guidelines to a T....

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 05:55:39 PM »

If you unit was sent back to D-Link for a replacement. you should be receiving another unit shortly. You will want to contact customer service for this type of inquiry.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

JCPWorld

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 12:45:17 PM »

I received a new unit yesterday.  All is working just fine now.